Anyone know what an ADHD child is like?

My son is 3 and since he was born he has been extremely difficult, the most simple things like taking him on a quick trip to the store, turn into an absolute nightmare. He cannot sit still for anything, he never listens to direction, almost always does the opposite. He is very impulsive, such as randomly flushing objects in the toilet or taking food out of the fridge and throwing it outside. He cannot pay attention to a book or sit and color. His preschool teachers are very frustrated with his behavior as well as myself. Could this be ADHD? Oh, also his dad has ADHD.

All of you are IDIOTS.

Try to DISCIPLINE your son. ADHD is a MADE-UP DISORDER used in order to brainwash kids with DRUGS.

The best person to ask would be your sons doctor. Many children are diagnose with ADD or ADHD, when the problem is something else.

Also, be sure that the activities that he is given to do are age appropriate. Most children his age do not SIT and do anything for long. He may like to do things that are more physical, and that is okay.

Be sure that when he is at preschool, he is not forced to sit and do table work or listen to his teachers lecture. This is boring to the average adult, let alone a young child. Children learn best through play, and exploration with hands on activities.

My son had some of the same difficulties, and it was suggested that he may have ADD or ADHD. After struggling for a few years, we found that he has a visual processing disorder. This does not mean he is bad, or any less intelligent.

In the long run it, trust your instincts, and consult a professional.

Source(s): Early Childhood Educator & Mom of 3

Could very well be ADHD or just a normal 3 year old! I disagree with diagnosing a child with ADHD prior to 5 years old...and that's iffy with me.

Source(s): Work with ADHD and ODD children 40 hours a week!
  • that sounds llike adhd. Impulsive behavior and being hyper all the time are symptoms of adhd. I would know, because i also have adhd. What you should do is take him to a doctor that specializes in stuff like this, and if it turns out that he does have it, he'll most likely have to go on meds (prescribed by the doctor)

im 16 and apparently that is how i acted when i was an infant and i was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago. it is possible that he does have ADHD since his dad also does, my dad does too and so do i. here is some advice though, if he learns a little slower than other children don't let anyone try to convince you that he belongs in special ed.

If his dad has it then your son probably has it. I have 2 nephew who have it and they are great kids but very impulsive, have temper issues, can't focus and one of them got left back in the 4th grade. I would try to nip it in the bud before he goes to school.

Yes most likely that is ADHD.

Source(s): Mom with ADD mom to an ADD kid who at 3 was just like yours-now is an honor student!