The Human Race - Obsessed with Appearance?

Everywhere I look I see people who wear makeup, have expensive clothing, show off their bodies and show off their wealth in any way possible. All everyone cares about is what others look like, if they have a beautiful spouse, what their social status is...etc.. I can't seem to find anyone who relates to me.... show more Everywhere I look I see people who wear makeup, have expensive clothing, show off their bodies and show off their wealth in any way possible. All everyone cares about is what others look like, if they have a beautiful spouse, what their social status is...etc..

I can't seem to find anyone who relates to me. What happened to trying to bring something new into the world. Sure, there are many famous people "making a difference" but everything goes back to your own vanity!

I'm 16 and not once in my life have I felt the need to look beautiful. My sisters are all obsessed with looking pretty and my own mother bothers me on a daily basis about my appearance. There's always some stupid thing wrong. No one can believe that appearance means nothing to me and I'm sure I'm going to get idiots saying that everyone cares what people look like...blah blah blah.

It seems everyone thinks that people are just as shallow as them. So I've learned to hate the human race as a whole. I get laughed at a lot. People make fun of me because my hair isn't all done up by some hair stylist and my clothes didn't cost $100 dollars at some stupid shop. I don't believe in wasting money on my looks when there are people suffering from starvation.

I doubt anyone will agree with me because humans, although supposedly the most intelligent animals, are the most brain-washed, deceitful beings on earth. Thank you for showing me the truth of mankind at such a young age. At least I didn't put too much of my faith in humans before being horribly disappointed.
Update: yes, I do shave my armpits. I never said I want humans to smell bad. I take showers daily and all that crap. Being healthy is different than being vain.
Update 2: I never said I was perfect. I'm horrible at plenty of things. I can't remember the names of human bones to save my life. I got a 7 on a chemistry test I cheated on. I'm just sick of people judging others on outside looks they can't control. I can't change the shape of my nose by concentrating on it! show more I never said I was perfect. I'm horrible at plenty of things. I can't remember the names of human bones to save my life. I got a 7 on a chemistry test I cheated on. I'm just sick of people judging others on outside looks they can't control. I can't change the shape of my nose by concentrating on it!