Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesInfiniti · 1 decade ago

Used Infiniti I30 or Suburu Forester? (both '98)?

I've got a tough decision coming up right now. I'm about to buy my first car ('I'm 17). Both have four doors. Both have 183,000 miles and are the 1998 model. Here's what I know about the two cars:

Suburu:

Book value: $1,500

Selling for $2,500

Good in the snow, 4 wheel drive. Front breaks didn't work well but the dealer said he fixed them. Radio/speakers may not work.

I have read reviews, and they are in the middle. Some say it's the best car they've had, others say to never buy a Suburu after the experiences they've had. The clock doesn't work anymore as well, which is usual for the '98 Forester. I live in NH, so it's always good to have a car with good handling in crappy conditions. Since we would be paying $1,000 more than the book value is, I'm skeptical... Looks kinda gay.

It sold for around $22,000.

It is inspected and has a sticker on it.

Infiniti:

Book value:$8,000

Selling for $2,000

Rated consumer report's #1 used car. Very reliable. Best looking car I've probably ever seen, it's my dream car. It has front wheel drive. It was $30,000 new and rated one of '98's best sudans. Has all power options, including sunroof!! All reviews I read praised this car on all aspects.

It is not inspected and it does not have a sticker. (I'm sure it would pass with flying colors, looks beautiful.

Which one should I choose and why? Thank you and sources would be much appreciated. I have researched both cars for hours on end, just wondering what you people are thinking!

Update:

I lied the Infiniti was actually $31,500 new...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1950 Buick Roadmaster

• 3 years ago

ok i Doubt that the infinti is your authentic dream motor vehicle, its purely an available dream motor vehicle.(im noticeably effective you will plenty quite have a 350z or Infiniti 35(new version of what your lookin at) or much greater unrealistically a Maserati or McClaren and so on.) And that I30 has to have some issues dude and in case you reside interior the snow you need to apply the 4 wheel tension, however the i30 maximum probable has instruction manual tans,which permits in snow simply by fact u can easily pass into impartial.i for my section does not purchase the two simply by mileage yet whilst all you may have the money for is 2g then yea i assume(i had basically 2.5 g for my first motor vehicle so i went with a ninja 250cc 07, great beginner's motorbike and extremely solid....in any case returned to the motor vehicle i pass with what you're gonna be pleased with, so i'd pass with the i30 and the two are prob gonna choose for artwork so which might u be greater chuffed engaged on? i understand each little thing approximately my ninja and regarding the 350z's and if u can fix a million nissan u can fix noticeably plenty all of em(infiniti too , purely their luxurious )

• 1 decade ago

It sounds like you already know which one to pick...

A gay subaru with problems, or your beautiful dream car with all the options.

Source(s): ASE Certified Infiniti Technician
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.