Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Health & Safety · 1 decade ago

i've been hearing about plane crashes is it still safe to fly?

i've been seeing tons of stuff on the news where stuff keeps going wrong with planes and theres all these crashes and stuff and i was going to fly to my friend's house in a few months but now i'm afraid to realistically what are the odds of being in a plane crash?

the car ride to the airport is more dangerous than the flight, I fly 3-7 times a month, actually in the last 15 days I have been on 11 different flights and that does not include non commercial flights; I have a pilots license and my buddy has a plane that I use up to a couple times a week

My brother in law is a commercial pilot so I am plugged into what is taking place in the aviation world, I can tell you with confidence that you are very safe and should not worry the least about flying, go visit your friend and don't worry...like I said, the car ride to the airport is more dangerous than the flight

Think about how many people all over the world fly everyday. You seldom hear of crashes. Flying is one of the safest ways to travel. The odds of being in a crash are quite low.

youd be more ikley to die if you went by car to your freinds. go to an airport and see how many planes take off every day theres like 1 a minute in city airports. and im pretty sure all of them on that day wont crash.