Bf leaves me for his ex-gf, contacts me again asking me back after they break up, but they still talk?

My boyfriend and I were together for 6 months. I know it may sound like a short amount of time, but we shared an amazing connection and I was really falling for him. However, we fought over something and he best thought if we end things. So he broke up with me about 3 weeks ago. His ex-gf contacted him asking him... show more My boyfriend and I were together for 6 months. I know it may sound like a short amount of time, but we shared an amazing connection and I was really falling for him. However, we fought over something and he best thought if we end things. So he broke up with me about 3 weeks ago. His ex-gf contacted him asking him back around the time we broke up and I asked him if I was only a rebound. He replied I was not a rebound and that he had genuine, strong feelings for me, but after talking to his ex-gf after we broke up, they realized there was a misunderstanding that led to their break up. I was heartbroken and in so much, still am, because although he denied me being a rebound, I really was one...

However, my ex-bf calls me few days ago saying he misses me and he's really sorry. He told me how he thought of me the whole time he was with her and how he realized all the bad things about her which led to their breakup. He told me the whole time he was with her he thought of me and the same level of attraction wasn't there as before, how he knows he messed up but he knows now what he wants. We decide to start again and take it slow.

HOWEVER, I find out, don't ask me how, that my bf still talks to his ex-gf. They text each other saying how she's sad and it's hard for him too, and they told each other they miss each other. I am so hurt again, and I can't tell him how I found out, what do i do???????