Why do Creationists keep insisting that they didn't come from monkeys when no one said they did?

The essential idea of common ancestry is that ultimately all living things on this planet share common ancestors if we go far enough back into the past. So, for example, to take the case that people talk about all the time, we share a common ancestor with all primate species. This means that we're related, by having a single ancestor somewhere in the past, to monkeys, gorillas, chimpanzees, and so forth.

Why can't Creationists understand that no one says we came from or were descended from monkeys. We had our own distinct primate ancestor.

Favorite Answer

"Why do Creationists keep insisting that they didn't come from monkeys when no one said they did?"

They are completely unaware of what evolution is AND they listen to their parasites and allow themselves to be infected by the most ridiculous and obvious lies.

Creationists don't just embrace ignorance.

They lower the lights, play some Barry White, and try to unclip its bra.

~

So silly to deny proven science!!

Primates are mammals that include lemurs, monkeys, apes and humans.

The Strepsirrhini, or “wet-nosed” primates, which include lemurs and lorises, branched off around 63 million years ago.

Old World monkeys and apes divided from New World monkeys about 40 million years ago.

Aegyptopithecus zeuxis, which probably resembles the common ancestor of New World monkeys and apes, lived about 29 million years ago.

The apes split from Old World monkeys about 25 million years ago.

Humans and chimpanzees diverged 5-7 million years ago.

So yes on each split the original got left behind to stay as it was! But why do you think they were unlucky? I am sure that many of the "left behind" species are perfectly happy as they are and that there are a good many humans that would not mind trading places with them!!!

Of the macaque's nearly 3 billion DNA base pairs, 93.5 per cent are identical to those in the human genome. This is not unexpected for a species whose lineage diverged from our own about 25 million years ago. The human and chimp genomes, which diverged just 6 million years ago, are about 98 per cent identical.

One puzzling discovery is that several mutations that cause genetic diseases in humans - such as phenylketonuria and Sanfilippo syndrome, which lead to mental retardation - are the normal form in macaques and, presumably, our own ancestors.

The Pope, Catholic Church, Church of England and mainstream churches all accept evolution and the big bang!!

Lord Carey the former Archbishop of Canterbury put it rather well – “Creationism is the fruit of a fundamentalist approach to scripture, ignoring scholarship and critical learning, and confusing different understandings of truth”!!

Nice that christians and atheists can agree and laugh together even if it is at your expense!!

Source(s): University of California, Santa Cruz. Baylor College of Medicine, Texas

Probably it is over generalization disorder where you state that creationists keep insisting that they didn't come from monkeys since I in fact never said such a thing, nor will I ever say that. It is ironic that you say both "common ancestor with all primate species" and "our own distinct primate ancestor". So which is it common or distinct? lol. Are you sure you didn't descend from a mouse-like ancestor and if so are you a man or a mouse?

I understand that. In fact I asked a question related to it that was never answered but did get a lot of name call like

You Fail

and that sort of thing

and a lot of nonsense answers like

Aren't any apes here in Georgia

Here was the question

Apes and humans come from a common ancestor. Apes and humans both originated or evolved in Africa. Why did the same environment produce two separate evolutionary responses in a single species?

Evolution says Apes and humans came from a common ancestor, a common ancestor later than the original "single cell" or whatever that is credited for all life on the planet.

• shawl

confident, 37 weeks is seen finished-term. 34-36 is seen pre-term and in the previous 34 weeks is untimely. i'm 37 weeks pregnant today too. i substitute into on mattress relax and drugs for 2 weeks because of the fact I had preterm contractions that have been 2 minutes aside etc the wellbeing facility they gave me a shot to stay away from preterm hard work. (this is while i substitute into 33 weeks & 6 days pregnant). At my 36 week ultrasound, i substitute into advised my toddler weighs approx. 6 kilos and 12 oz. (must be off by utilising a a million/2 a pound). So, the document says it will be secure to have the toddler now, she could desire to be completely developed. i don't plan on having her any day now, yet, if it happens, i would be happy! i think of the longer the toddler is in there, the greater advantageous, the greater healthy. Oh and talking of the medicine, the docs shouldn't positioned you back on it now which you're 37 weeks. you're seen interior the secure zone now. nicely, sturdy luck to you. it extremely is my first, i'm irritating on the subject of the hard work and delivery. i choose for a organic vaginal delivery and that i'm hoping all is going nicely with me and my woman descendant. Congrats. we are due on an identical day! YEAH! we would be giving thank you around THANKSGIVING!

Its just an expression!! I know evolutionists are not referring to modern day monkeys but, the so-called primate ancestor would most likely have looked like a monkey so we call them monkeys instead of the "common primate ancestor species." Jeez!

• Frizby

Because we believe that God made us as we are from the start..

If you think about it how can an ancestor of ours have descendants that are human as well as apes and monkeys..

So lets try and imagine what our ancestors may have looked like ????..

Cannot picture anything else other than an ape, because if apes came from an ancestor that looked human then why is that and if humans came from an ancestor that looked like an ape then why is that..

So it seems that evolution is saying that humans progressed a bit more than apes and that's why we look human and not ape like..

I think evolution is clutching at straws and nothing else..

• Ishtar

Because if they did understand it, then it might cast doubt on their whole belief structure, and they can't have that. Most of them haven't even read anything that actually explains what evolution is, just screeds against it. If everything you'd ever read said that evolution claims we're descended from monkeys, you might believe it, too.

What about those people that look like their pets though? I know a lady that looks just like her pomeranian. Plus she's dog-fugly. I think that means she has distinct canine ancestors.

They disagree with false claims only because they can't find a way to successfully disagree with any real ones.