Would you abort a Down Syndrome tested child?

To be honest. This is more of an eye-opener than a question. I'm getting disgusted with the high percentages of abortions lately. Abortions should be rare and sad occasions. Before I was born, I was tested positive for Down Syndrome. Not only this but I also had a VERY large head as well as an inverted Y... show more To be honest. This is more of an eye-opener than a question. I'm getting disgusted with the high percentages of abortions lately. Abortions should be rare and sad occasions.

Before I was born, I was tested positive for Down Syndrome. Not only this but I also had a VERY large head as well as an inverted Y chromosome. Everything pointed to the fact that I would be a very mutated baby, and wouldn't even be able to eat on my own.

On top of this, my mother was alone and could not take care of me. She was a super druggie, who developed SERIOUS schizophrenia. So I was put up for adoption and I was adopted at the age of one, whereas my siblings were taken care of by my grandmother who wasn't capable of taking care of a baby. So all in all, before my birth, my mother knew she couldn't take care of me.

My mother didn't abort me. And I'm here today, 17 years old, graduating school a year earlier than I normally would, and extremely intelligent in math and computer programming for my age. I'm not too happy with how my adoptive parents have treated me, though, but it's okay, I can live with it. My life is turning out fine. I was homeschooled for the first 6 years of my education because of this, then my adoptive mother found out I could eat on my own and talk and be just as normal as anyone else. I never had trouble making friends, but even so, real friends are hard to come by. Most "normal" kids these days are trash and the worst friends you could have. I have a beautiful girlfriend and she's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I intend on marrying this girl.

I was of the 0.2% that are tested wrong for Down Syndrome, and all the other predictions the doctors had about me. The only true prediction they had about me was the inverted Y chromosome, which has no known negative effects.

So I'm telling you now. Don't leave it to chance. And even if your child does have down syndrome, that is NO reason to terminate a child.

In fact, if you're going to get pregnant you need to assess the ENTIRE situation and all of the possibilities. Don't get pregnant if you don't think you can handle a Down Syndrome baby. And use proper birth control methods if you don't want to get pregnant, SERIOUSLY.

I'm fully and 100% against abortion. I think it is the most disgusting thing ever made.

In my mind, there are only 3 cases in which termination is OK.
1. Rape.
2. If it is known that the mother will die giving birth.
3. Maybe accidental unexpected UNDERAGE pregnancy (birth control failure, broken condom, etc. not that I promote sex outside of love)

And no, I don't believe in christianity or anything. My being against abortion is completely based on my life and what I've assessed as truly right and wrong by seeing the world around me and what makes sense and what doesn't, and not clouded by anything.

Let me be your reason for not aborting your child. The down syndrome test could be wrong. If you'd put your child's life on the line due to chance then you are in no condition to ever be a mother.

However I am by no means attacking anyone who has had an abortion. Unless you had one and it meant nothing to you. It's something that should make you bawl your eyes out. No PERSON would HAPPILY want to have an abortion, however some situations it is fine, but even still, it is NEVER a happy occasion. Anyone who can be happy about saying they got an abortion is just messed up. That's the same as smiling as you say you had a miscarriage.

It's not my job to judge you or tell you what to do, nor is it anyone else's. It's YOUR life and YOUR baby. I'm merely letting you know that doctors can be wrong, as well as my opinion on abortion for you to assess. Do what you will.