How good or bad is Turkey ?

Im after a little advice, im off to Turkey in july, as ive never been, are there any obvious do's and dont's. How good is the food, and how expensive is it ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

armenian and greek racist trolls are really stupid

• 1 decade ago

turkey is an amazing country to visit i have now been Living in turkey with my turkish husband .. turkey is so cheap and i mean cheap for cloths e.g . the turkish food is Amazing to i love it but your going on Holiday and will be staying in a tourist part so don't worry about the turkish food as you can get all types of food there .. ill worn you the turkish men are Very romantic and will have you eating out of there hands don't full for any of it .. just sit back and enjoy.. where abouts you going if i knew that then i could give you better advice on the do's and don'ts emial me or add me on msn mandy286@hotmail.co.uk

• 1 decade ago

You need to use your common sense when it comes to dos and donts.

Food is excellent. Price of goods vary depending on where you are and what you do. However I find Istanbul quite expensive.

Have a nice time in Turkey.

• 1 decade ago

Watch out for the Turkish men, they're pretty harmless but they can appear a bit sleazy at times - ir ur a bit nervous don't go out on your own. Also watch them in the bars and restaurants, we got talked into a restaurant which had a lovely view but was a bit of a rip off, also we got friendly with a guy who owned a bar but the 2nd time we went he totally fleeced us for the drinks!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It's awesome. Enjoy the great weather, the different culture and try to stay with your group of people. Don't run around with valuable things and respect the elders.....you'll be fine. Have fun. Oh and take some meds with you i.e. Imodium AD (just in case).

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello!

Oh yes, the food is delicious!

As for safety, don't show off too much that you're a foreigner and you'll be fine!

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

One word PARADISE :]

Im going to Olu deniz in three days ahhhhhhhh so excited xDDDD

• 1 decade ago

i don't know about turkish food but i heard that the place is amazing and so nice and there r lots of places u can visit so have fun

• 1 decade ago

two friends have just come back and had a great time.

Stick to the 'Tourist' bits etc and youll be fine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.