Can i use my old satellite tv cable for a digital antenna?

I'm quitting my satellite tv and going with a digital antenna and I want to know if I can just hook the new antenna to the old satellite cable. Can I?

Sure. It should be RG6 which is the best cable there is for an antenna hookup.

The cable should work fine. I bought a new outside antenna after getting my new home. I used the satellite cable and it worked good with the digital channels.

Yes you can, the cable used for satellite dishes is the same impedance rating as all other antenna and receiver types. All TV uses 75 ohm impedance cable so plug away!

The cable itself, yes.

The satellite dish and associated electronics (such as a multiswitch), no. You will need to replace that with an antenna an electronics appropriate for a VHF/UHF antenna.

no, you are going to need a converter box.