Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How can creationist belive in mirco but not marco evoultion?

Firstly ever notice how no scientist ever uses the terms mirco and marco evoultion

Why is it hard to see that marco evoultion is just alot of mirco evoultions put together

Update:

"Macro: Few times down you may get a horse."

Hmm if by a few you mean like a billion then yes

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

That's a good question I don't know why either.

• Ikari
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They don't seem to understand that making that statement is a stupid as saying "I believe in the 400m but not the marathon".

It's the same basic mechanism on a much grander scale.

What it boils down to is they denied ALL evolution until the evidence for microevolution got to be too overpowering, then they admitted "Well, of COURSE microevolution occurs, it says so in the bible (and warp a passage to fit their aims) but that still doesn't explain MACRO-evolution"

I predict that when the evidence for macro-evolution becomes too overpowering, they will suddenly decide "well of COURSE macroevolution occurs. It's predicted in the bible. But that still doesn't explain Abiogenesis"

Throughout time, this is the dance we do. Religion denies a concept. Science proves said concept. Religion takes a step back, claims they knew it all along, and cites the NEXT unknown as proof of god.

• ME!
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I'm not a creationist, but i think it's just because when one thinks of micro evolution they think small changes, which is true, but when thinking of macro evolution, it can either be the amount of change in evolution over a long period of time, or a large change in evolution in a short period of time. So you get a definition problem.

• Jared
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Whenever I debate with a creationist about this, their argument basically boils down to "I don't believe in evolution, just that small changes can occur within species over time."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • not really. Micro evolution is the variation within the species: You have a rottweiler, few times down you may get a chihuahua. Macro: Few times down you may get a horse.

• 1 decade ago

Well let's see, we can actually see examples of micro evolution but there is no proof of macro evolution. It is just a theory. Yes, I know many evolutionists would like to say it's a fact, but they have no proof.

• 1 decade ago

The most important question is not how we were created, but who created us. I am a creationist and I believe on evolution.

• 1 decade ago

Personally, I think Marco's just kinda creepy.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know why. It's like saying meters are real but kilometers are impossible. It's kind of ridiculous.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It would be a really good practice to start reading your own questions before you send them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.