What part of "dont judge lest ye be judged" do some Christians not understand?

What part of "dont judge lest ye be judged" do some Christians not understand??

I mean honestly that is one of the easiest things to comprehend in regards to the bible.

and yes I am a Christian a liberal one and it's a valid belief before you go throwing stones at that.

Thanks in Advance!!

Cinn =)

LOL Katrina

umm no Pastor how is asking a question judging?

True, true, true fedex

Thanks Dee!

Yes I believe in gay rights Emily.. the biggest percent of people that are gay are born that way, so how can one condemn, judge or ridicule them for that?

as for women's choices... I am pro-choice, it's not the choice I would make for myself, but it is not my place to tell any other woman what she can or cannot do with her body.

Cynique what in the heck are you talking about that doesnt even sound like it is in English? I believe because I saw what on y/a??

(((((The Big O))))) LOL the nt part

Kevin yes to me telling someone they are going to hell is judging.. no man has the right to take over God's rights, that is blasphamy

dont mean to get all religious, only trying to make a point

Gray.. never said anyone or everyone should be perfect. That wasnt my point at all.

Thanks Jacky

and NO Marisia I dont see that at all, sorry

((((Gravity)))) I judge myself far more than others too

Cynique and Pastor go ahead and tell me how I am a hypocrite and being judgmental?? I'm soo listening!

(((((((Temptress)))))))))) good to see you and what you say is true. I sent you an email earlier today =)

The "n't" part of "Don't"

Some Christians have a hard time with contractions, since they weren't used much when the King James Version was written.

So when they see "Don't judge lest ye be judged," they think it says "DO judge lest ye be judged."

Glad I could be of help.

Source(s): That outfit's so cute on you. I think I like it almost as much as the bathing suit.

It means I should try my best to understand; because I can judge nothing I do not understand. Sometimes I do this well and it is a triumph for both of us. Sometimes I do this well and it is something I wish I did not see. Sometimes I do this poorly and it is a funny 'truth'. Sometimes I do this poorly and make an @ss of myself. But I am always willing to consider an appeal. It is the same process I subject myself to - and try to judge the judgment passed on me as well. Going to heaven or hell does not rest within my judgment no matter what I decide about anything for others - I am not even certain that it matters how I judge myself. That is God's decision. MY judgments I question - I trust God's judgments.

People aren't supposed to be judgmental of those who are not Christians. They have not been given the Holy Spirit. As Christians, we are supposed to hold each other accountable. This is because people who claim to be of Christ but are outwardly sinful and unashamed of their sinful practices give Christ a bad name.

11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

1 Corinthians 5:11-13

People no matter what they believe should live by, "don't judge lest ye be judge." when I worked at Sears (be for they went down hill), one of the higher up, came to the Sear. when he got there people thought that he was the type to steal based off how he was dressed. I tend to judge myself harder then anyone else.

((((Cinn))))

sometimes it's not judging but rahter answering. while you stated bluntly - i'm a liberal Christian - you are opening yourself up for the opnions of others. some people choose to forget -- if you don't want to hear someone's opinion/answer - don't ask the question/make the statement. that's not being judgemental that's giving the asker what they are asking for - even if they don't like the asnwer. for example your comment: CHristian a liberal one and it's valid. well that is your OPINION and one that logic defies. you can not be liberal and a Christian at the same time for Scripture negates that rule. that is not judging yu - that is stating a fact. a cat can't be a dog and a dog can't be a fish - they are what they are. a liberal is FOR abortion (right to choose) and Christian is NOT (right to life). a liberal is FOR gay marriage a CHristian is not.... see how they don't walk hand in hand?!

That is just their way of not looking in the mirror at themselves, only God sits that high to judge another human being. I am 45 y/o and never in my life have I met anyone who doesn't have crap hidden in their closets. Easier to push onto someone else that face the truth about oneself.

((((((((Cinn))))))))))

Well, they obviously understand the "judge" part. Must be the rest of the sentence they don't understand. Doesn't surprise me, considering the words aren't clearly defined for them in the Bible.

I must agree with you being a christian myself, That we as christians think we have the right to judge, what this verse means is that we shall judge ourselves not others, we shall judge right from wrong in our lives and not condemn others to hell, because we must remember that God is a merciful God and that just as God loved us while we were sinners and did not judge us, but gave us a second chance, we also should love our neigbors, no matter who they are, or what they are into, we were all born sinner and no one is perfect

Ps.. God has called us to warn others to turn away and repent from their sins, not to condem them by telling them their going to hell for being this and that

Did you just watch the Miss California thing?

I believe that all people should be honest and not be so quick to judge. It angers me when people don't accept the opinions of others and go out on witch hunts as pay back.

Gee, to my way of thinking, it's not that complicated. Either you understand it or you don't, and, clearly, some people don't. Still, it's on the rest of us to be good and loving human beings. Best wishes!