Really difficult situation involving my best friend and his ex-girlfriend?

Me and my best friend (along with another guy) share a house together. My friend's girlfriend used to practically live there and we became good friends (they were together for 4 years). Now they broke up a while ago, and she has been trying to milk details about him and his new girlfriend from me and the other... show more Me and my best friend (along with another guy) share a house together. My friend's girlfriend used to practically live there and we became good friends (they were together for 4 years). Now they broke up a while ago, and she has been trying to milk details about him and his new girlfriend from me and the other guy. Now the other guy always takes her side and spills the beans on his whereabouts to her and and and.

Now the hard part. It's her birthday today and she invited me and the other guy to go out with her and a few other people (I suspect just to be nasty to my friend). Do I go or not?

I don't want to sit there while the other guy insults my friend, and I don't want to be questioned by her and her friends the whole time. Nor do I want to hurt her feelings if I don't go.

HELP!