Monistat 7 & pain, 6wks-3d prego?

Okay.. I am pregnant with my #4. I found out 2 days ago I have a yeast infection (which is common in pregnant women). I have NEVER had a yeast infection, pregnant or not. Called dr. office and was told to get Monistat 7. Night before last was first use and it became more painful after med was put on/in. I thought... show more Okay.. I am pregnant with my #4. I found out 2 days ago I have a yeast infection (which is common in pregnant women). I have NEVER had a yeast infection, pregnant or not. Called dr. office and was told to get Monistat 7. Night before last was first use and it became more painful after med was put on/in. I thought since throughout the day it had been worsening that was happening again. So yesterday my symptoms were about 90% better (Thank God). Last night I put med on/in and about 5 min after I was in the same pain as night before.

My 1rst question is: Is this the type of med that hurts while it heals?
Example: Hydrogen Peroxide "stings" when first applied, but works well!

My 2nd question is: Is Monistat 7 a med you have to finish full dosage - the 7 days - if symptoms are better?
Example: Amoxicillan even if you feel better you still must finish.

****Please only answer if you have personally been in same situation**** Thank-you!