Newborn at Wedding dilemma?

Im getting married in June and have a really good friend from college who's due to have a baby in mid to late may. So by June 13th, the baby will be anywhere from 2-4 weeks old. My fiance and I decided that our wedding/reception will be adults only. For one, we dont have kids and would like to keep it to... show more Im getting married in June and have a really good friend from college who's due to have a baby in mid to late may. So by June 13th, the baby will be anywhere from 2-4 weeks old.

My fiance and I decided that our wedding/reception will be adults only. For one, we dont have kids and would like to keep it to just adults. and also, its a late evening wedding and the reception is wine tasting/sit down dinner that will go on pretty late...not to mention pretty loud and roudy.

I suggested to my friend that perhaps she leave the baby with a sitter or family, but she is saying that she needs to be around to breastfeed him at that age. So now she is giving me an ultimatum...either she be allowed to bring the baby (which is unfair to everyone else, and also not what we want on our wedding day) or she won't attend.

Im not sure what to do. she's a really good friend, but it kinda puts me in a position where im the bad guy either way. Any mom's out there...can you be away from the baby at that age for an hour or so (im thinking maybe she can come to the 1/2 hr ceremony).

What to do??