If Evolution is true, how do you explain this?

To quote Kent Hovind...

"I say, you guys have to get two cells to evolve from the [primordial] soup - of the opposite sex, in the same place, at the same time. It's a big world, you know, cells are kind of small - they've got to find each other."

Now, if humanity truly evolved, shouldn't humanity have also gotten more intelligent? Then how do you explain Kent Hovind being so stupid?

Update:

Some people just can't seem to take a joke. :P

Update 2:

@Andromache: Now that is just rude to compare Kent Hovind to a monkey. You should apologize to the monkeys.

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Evolutionary throwback.... Much like people are sometimes born with tails due to throwback genes, Kent Hovind was born with a less evolved brain...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I read:

"If Evolution is true, how do you explain this?

To quote Kent Hovind..."

And I was done.

Oops! I read the rest anyway! ;-)

@JEFFD_57 "Attacking the man is a poor argument in support of whatever view you personally hold"

Not if it's true.

And it is.

@IAN "Some people just can't seem to take a joke"

Don't back off! It isn't a joke. Hovind *IS* stupid. Look the word up.

@KP "What is stupid about that statement"

Figures that someone like you wouldn't spot it.

When was the last time you saw or heard of ANY "primordial cells" that were SEXUAL?

• 1 decade ago

That's because Kent Hovind is a monkey, not a human.

• 1 decade ago

Sexy cells? What a waste, a talent like Hovind pushing silly superstitions...and breaking rocks at a federal prison in S. Carolina...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The explanation of Hovind's stupidity lies in an understanding of the 'Normal Curve'. Hovind lives on the far left tail of the curve.

• 1 decade ago

kenny p you need to go back to school just like Kent Hovind.

• 1 decade ago

When you start with "To quote Kent Hovind" my brain shuts down.

If this really is a joke you'll have to make it obvious(Poe's law) because plenty of fundies would post this nonsense as a real argument.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

By saying Kent Hovind failed to evolve and failed science . Only at a fundy Church school would he have ever been thought qualified to teach children .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHTAU5Y3d1A

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=6AFA8115D4C44EC7&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sEIiWKSzJA

Youtube thumbnail

&annotation_id=annotation_321442&feature=iv

• 1 decade ago

evolution is a joke. In the beginning God created the sky and the earth. Genesis 1:1 evolution is mans way of explaining God's creation with out the Creator

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't believe in religion. Especially catholism, it was a bunch of old kooks making something up to empower over women and become rich.

Seriously how can you deny dinosaurs in the ground? The dna in our bodies that are so close to primates? TELL ME HOW CAN YOU DENY THAT.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.