Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

My chicken is allowing me to eat her eggs. Will she go to hell for having two abortions this morning?

She laid two potential kids in her nest this morning. I was hungry and needed breakfast. So I took her eggs and made an omelet. (It was good too. Diced ham, cheese, fresh mushrooms, and a couple sprigs of cilantro.) She didn't contest. In fact, she just clucked happily like the carefree chicken she is and didn't even flinch when I cracked them open.

Being so hungry, I forgot to consider that these two eggs were god's gift to this chicken. Will we go to hell for taking two baby chickens' lives? Or does god not care about chickens?

I think I saw her fornicating with the rooster next door. I'm not sure though. So hell it is?

You should be proud to have such rational, pro-choice chickens.

Cilantro? OMG, that sucks. Of course, if you like the flavor of something that tastes like rancid sweaty gym socks that have been festering in a locker for 2 years, who am I to judge? But, as for your question, God doesn't give a cluck about anything but God. It's all about Him, isn't it? Geez, you even have to capitalize the "H" in Him or else the gays in New Orleans may suffer another catastrophic flood. Being a chicken is so clucked up, you have no idea. Colonel Sanders of course is the antichrist, something to scare the little chicks with if they cluck out of turn and such. Mama hen to chickadee: Shut the cluck up or the Colonel will getcha. Talk about trauma! Rooster next door? Ha ha. He's gay. He doesn't go "cocka-doodle do." He goes "any cockwill do."

Source(s): It really sucks being the last to answer your questions, lost in the massive dung heap of tepid replies. Oh well. I'm mildly amused regardless.
  • Nancy

Hens will naturally lay 1 egg per day (or every oher day) beginning around 5 months of age. They do NOT need a rooster to lay, therefore if there is no rooster present to fertilize the eggs, then the eggs do not contain an embryo. Supermarket purchased eggs are NOT fertile. Unfortunately those hens producing those eggs are also raised in horrid conditions, starved to force molting and fed unbelievably "nasty" feeds along with a multitude of antibiotics, etc.... Those eggs produced simply are not healthy in comparison to an egg produced from a happy, healthy hen who lives in clean conditions and is able to forage as well as be supplimented with all the fresh air and sunlight, flax seeds (Omega's), grains and grasses as well as insects. Battery caged (Supermarket Producers) eggs are higher in cholesterol and lower in other nutrients than are eggs produced by hens raised in the conditions such as we provide for ours. BEFORE you purchase eggs marked "Free Range", ensure they are truly being free ranged (as ours are on a farm) Law allows producers to market as "free range" if hens are literally croweded together on an open floor space. There are many very kind small farmers out there who will sell you more nutritious eggs from their well cared for and respected hens. That's much more information than your initial question, but it's information that's important to know. :o)

Chicken eggs can only hatch into baby chicks if the hen has had intercourse with a rooster. A hen lays eggs every day, regardless of whether or not she has had sex. If there is no rooster present, then the eggs cannot become baby chicks, and it's okay to eat them.

Don't condemn her just yet. It's unlikely the eggs were fertilised.

If God really didn't care about chickens, he wouldn't have made chicken omelettes taste so delicious. This species MUST survive. Self interest and God's Will both demand it.

Heaven without chicken curry or fried eggs? But that's another question!

We all give something for the good of others. Its like Jesus, he gave his body to show us the way. The chicken gives his eggs for nourishment.

Plus another way of looking at it is, nature has a way of taking care of everything. Dogs eat rabbits, rabbits eat rodents, rodents eat bugs and so on. Survival of the fittest.

Being human means we exist spiritually and materially. God put us here and he gave us a way and means.

LOL. My mom has chickens and I just found out last week that they eat their own eggs! My dad said that if the egg breaks they eat it and he also feeds them their own egg shells and they love it. I'm 30 and am just learning this...wow...I guess all chickens go to hell.

P.S. I like ham and cheese omelets with onions...mmm...mmm...good!

• Daver

There is a problem with your reasoning.

You are either making the mistake of elevating the stature of an animal to that of humans, or you are lowering the stature of humans to that of animals.

You would have a much greater understanding of the abortion issue if you did not equate animals with people, or vice versa.

I've always been curious about God's true view of abortion, given the biological capability of pregnant rabbits to reabsorb embryoes under conditions of hunger or stress, as described by Ronald Lockley in his famous monograph on rabbits, "The private life of the Rabbit". Anyone who wishes to know more about the phenomenon of re-absorption of fertilized embryos should refer to Mr. Lockley's work.

• Joel V

Newsflash: Chickens lay eggs even if they are not fertilized. I doubt a fertilized chicken egg would look very appetizing after it is cracked open.

I used to be a vegetarian and a coworker once told me that eggs were "chicken abortions" and I was a hypocrite. She really thought she had nailed me with that zinger.