Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

VH1 named Welcome To The Jungle the Greatest Hard Rock Song Do You Agree?

Just Wondering

Most countdowns are just plain wrong, especially the ones on VH1. You're never going to please everyone, but some of the no. 1's they come up with are just ridiculous. And no, I don't think "Welcome To The Jungle" is the greatest hard rock song.

I don't agree, but I'm not surprised. There are a lot of good choices, all I really can say is that it is a very underwhelming choice, firmly planted in the box. Meh.

At the end of the day, the point of those lists is as a conversation piece anyways, and it is a list brought to you by the same people who made a best of the 80s list that had #s 1 and 2 as Livin on a Prayer and Pour Some Sugar On Me respectively. Can't be too surprised.

Well it's vh1, i'll give them credit for naming an actual hard rock song instead of like Fall Out Boy.

Did you see some of the other songs on the countdown? Some of them are not even close to hard rock. Welcome To The Jungle is a good song though. The greatest.... I Don't Know.

With a question as subjective as that, I actually think they made a good choice.

a) You're not going to please everyone

b) It's undeniably a great song

c) The subjective nature of choosing 'the greatest song' makes it an impossible task - the best you're ever going to do is pick one of the many.

So is it the greatest? No. But quite possibly only because the greatest will never be found.

No it's not the greatest. As stated before. There are too many bands and opinions, that it will never be agreed upon as to which song is #1.

I don't think VH1 picked it. If I remember right, they let the fans vote for that list online, so naturally, you are going to get a popular, commercial song as the best.

I like Welcome to The Jungle, but it doesn't belong in any kind of number 1 spot.

I don't agree. There are too many bands and songs out there that have made amazing songs and albums to make only one song the greatest of all time.

No I don't.

BTW, VH1 is as clueless as Rolling Stone magazine when it comes to any music that in not pop.

Edit: It is a great song though...

I take nothing seriously from VH1..as their name says it all..

V..ery

H..igh

1

How else could they come to that conclusion...Its a good song...but not the greatest...

Source(s): IMO