Hp PSC 1210 printer wont print?

I just hooked it up to my laptop (vista) and i set everything up. It would print at first, but when I reset my comp, it changed from pending to ready and a document printed. Now it wont print. When I send something to it, it doesnt display that a document has been sent in my tray at the bottom right. It wont even print test pages. Any help?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

INCOMPATIBILITY PROBLEM

There is no need to download anything.

All the instructions are here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...

The 1210 only has partial compatibility with Vista. The functions will work, but you will no longer have the software. You'll have to use another program, like Photoshop or MS paint, to scan. And you can't use the front panel button to scan anymore on Vista.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I can't recall equivalents in Vista for XP but use them. Go to printers and other hardware make sure your printer is still set as default. If you right click on properties you should see a menu that can help you.

• Tammie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I had the smae problem with my PSC i called HP and they informed me that the printer is BAD and out of warrenty. i purchased the printer from wallmart less than a year ago. but they did offer me a replacement computer at cost.

• 1 decade ago

Unplug the printer

Install the disk that came with it

Follow the instructions from there

You should be all set after that.

You may need to restart, but sometimes the program will restart for you, but it depends on the software.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

have u tried using different usb ports?? or u can reinstall the software from the cd that came with the printer...if u have one(mine came with one)

• 1 decade ago

www.hp.com/support

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.