Indian parents...not native americans...but east indian parents...WHY R THEY SO STRICT?!?!?!?!?!?

i'm not realy a cheerleader...and my name isnt emily messer either...jus made that up...i'm an indian too...and the worst part- i'm a girl...both my parents r frm tamilnadu(south) and they r very very strict...its jus not my parents but my older brother is very strict 2...its realy frustrating...i'm... show more i'm not realy a cheerleader...and my name isnt emily messer either...jus made that up...i'm an indian too...and the worst part- i'm a girl...both my parents r frm tamilnadu(south) and they r very very strict...its jus not my parents but my older brother is very strict 2...its realy frustrating...i'm posting tis question cause i see indians at my skool and they're parents r very flexible and non-controlling and i jus wanted to know if theres any1 out there like me...

heres wat my family does(SRY ITS A VERY LONG LIST):

-i'm not allowed 2 wear anything that shows my knees
-not allowed 2 wear make up 2 skool(not ever eyeliner or mascara)
-not allowed to IM,hav facebook or myspace etc.(had 1 behind their bac but i didnt know my bro had bugged my computer and he found out and told on me)
-cant babysit after 10pm
-cant b close 2 boys(but i hav best frnds that r guys and we hug...)
-cant hav crushes(but they cant stop me frm havin crushes)
-cant talk 2 my frnds abt boys or their relationships
-cant hang out w/my frnds
-wont get me texting
-NO privacy...(and i mean i TOTALLY dont hav ANY privacy)
-cant go 2 skool dances(i'm in high skool now and i'm cant go 2 skool dances or prom)
-wont let me play sports cause they uniforms r'nt "decent or convering" (oh yea...i'm not allowed 2 wear sleeveless shirts either)
-cant do beauty stuff(ex.wax eyebrows, professional manicure or pedicure etc.)...but i do these stuff myself...
-cant wear bikinis,monokins,or tankinis....so i've been in U.S. for 3 yrs and so i never went 2 the pool or the beach...
-cant talk 2 frnds on fone(tats the new rule...they think i'll get "exploited")...thats bull****
-no concerts or parties(not ever b'day parties)...no sleepovers...cant go 2 frnds' house...i cant invite them 2 my house either...
-wont let me tel them how i feel(they ask me wats goin on in my mind and wen i start tellin them, they start argueing and yelling at me and they always expect me 2 live by their way!!!...its like livin in a communist country...i cant express my thoughts)
-every decision i wanna make,i hav 2 ask my parents AND my brother...its realy frustrating knowin that every1 has control over ur life and decisions but u...
-they say family is ALWAYS 1st and friends r not important(which i completely disagree with...2 me,both friends and family are very important)
-cant listen 2 songs like donk(soulja boy),or hips dont lie(shakira)...they think they're "bad"
-NO DATING(not even indian boys)...hav 2 b arranged married...which i'm not gonna...i'd rather go my whole life not being married rather than marrying sum dumbass i dont even know
-cant go 2 college outta city...(ex. if i live in roanoke,VA,i cant go 2 college in Charlottesville,VA...and if i go outta state,my mom says she'll move w/me cause they place she works has a company in like every city)....cant stay in dorms
-not allowed 2 move out till i'm married
-cant drive 2 skool(i hav 2 wait till i go 2 college)

The worst part is that i dont even hav any1 2 talk 2 abt tis...its realy depressing cuz they werent like this wen i was in india...i was allowed 2 hav frnds over and stuff...wen i ask them why they wont let me do it anymore, they say "cuz wen u were in india,u were a girl...now,u r a fine young woman(i did hit puberty after movin 2 US)...i jus wish theyd giv me a chance 2 prove them i'm rite...they always tel me that i've changed but the truth is jus that i've stopped livin my life their way...

SO...IS THERE ANY1 THATS LIVIN THE SAME OR CLOSE ENOUGH LIFE LIKE ME...OR AM I THE ONLY PERSON W/PARENTS LIKE THIS???

(sry abt the long list and shortening of words...)
Update: i'm not allowed 2 join the armed forces...i dont hav any relatives nearby...and i'm not allowed to go 2 the movies w/my frnds either...
but thanks guys
:)
Update 2: i'm not getting married yet...my parents r gonna wait till i finish college but wen i do get married, my parents think its goin 2 b arranged by them(which means they choose who i marry etc.)
yea i know that IS BS.
10 answers 10