macbook white or alumunum macbooks?

for my upcoming birthday I am considering to buy a apple lap top I currently am the owner of a ibook g3,yes i know its an ancient computer so its about time to upgrade. though I dont know whitch to buy the standard white macbook or the aluminum unibody mac? please list the pros and cons of each machine.I am not really a game person I usually am on myspace,ichat,listening to music,downloading movies/watching movies and a light internet surffer. so if you own a macbook white is it a decent computer in terms of speed,performence,and running mutiple apps and windows at the same time? please help me out:)

On the Apple Store, the $999 white MacBook and the $1299 aluminum MacBook have the same specs (CPU/RAM/graphics/screen) except for hard drive (160 vs 120 GB).

So if an extra 40 GB and nice aluminum design don't concern you greatly for a $300 price difference, then white MacBook is for you.

Since you do relatively light tasks, the performance of the MacBook is well suited for you. It will run fine even with heavy multitasking.

i have a macbook pro which is very good, but to be honest it doesn't sound like you need massive amounts of space... i would go for the unibody anyway