Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Creationist do you belive in drug reistant bacteria?

Creationist do you belive in drug resistance bacteria.

IF so then how can you not belive in evolution

ANd dont give me the crap about mirco and macro evoultion

It obvious that marco evoultion is just alot of mirco evoultions put together

Update:

"bacteria reproduce asexually"

And yet they can still evolve and become drug resistant.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

but its still bacteria...obviously you can't infer that in time micro evolution proves macro evolution its still not science...thats like saying in time rocks and rain can carve Mt. Rushmore...given time things go towards disorder...NOT order...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tim
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

First off, I think you need to more clearly define terms.

There are two types of Creationists; Old Earth and New Earth. NE Creationists believe in a literal 6 day creation. OE Creationists believe the word "yom" in Genesis that is usually translated as "day" is more accurately translated as "a period of time" or "an age" like "The Age of Chivalry".

Also, there are 4 types of evolution. Micro (small adaptations of a species over time), Macro (a change that turns one species into another species) and Darwinian Macro (that through an unguided and random process, there are changes that turn one species into another) and punctuated equilibrium (major evolutionary jumps all of a sudden as opposed to a slow, Darwinian type of process).

All creationists believe in microevolution. This is also called "husbandry" is is a very well established science. Creationists have no problem with this whatsoever.

NE creationists have an issue with macro evolution due to the time requirements which then call into question their position that the universe is only a few thousand years old. Most OE creationists have no problem with this since God says he created the universe, but did not say how or exactly how long it took, due to the translation of the word "yom".

Almost all creationists disagree with Darwinian Macroevolution since it rejects the notion of a God in control of the process.

Punctuated Equilibrium tends to make no claim as to whether there is a God or not, nor speaks to the question of control over the process. There is still a fair amount of work to be done on this, but it is promising.

Now that we have the terms right, let me answer your question. Yes, I think it is fair to say that creationists do believe in drug resistant bacteria. However, we have never seen a drug resistant bacteria evolve into a new species. It is still a bacteria. There has not been any solid evidence of any species changing from one to another.

Your claim of macro evolution being a series of micro evolutions is only partly correct. Darwin stated that, should there be a biological system that could not be arrived at through a series of small evolutions, that his theory would be wrong (the problem of irreducible complexity) . Over the past 100 years or so sine he wrote that theory, we have come across numerous systems that cannot be reduced; DNA, protein creation, sexual reproduction, the eye, etc. In general, microbiology has disproved Darwinian Macro.

• 1 decade ago

Maybe it is just me, but I do believe God created all. He started the ball rolling. I also have enough knowledge to know there are drug resistant bacteria. Evolution continues all around us, including us. Some call it adapting.

• G C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No. That particular drug just hasn't been developed yet. It is simple to always come at the evidence with the bias that God is true and man a liar.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's obvious you don't know an organ from a Hammond.

Those bacteria -- before and after -- were, guess what, bacteria.

You are embarrassing your cause. Embarrass on.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Even if bacteria "evolves" a drug resistance it is still the same bacteria. It hasn't evolved it's adapted which is more than I can say for you.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to remember that most creationists don't actually have a decent grasp on what evolution is.

• 1 decade ago

It's not evolution, it's just adaptation within kind.

</sarcasm>

Just don't ask them to define what 'adaptation' or 'kind' means in a scientific sense.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Creationist are just a bunch of followers afraid to die and it be the end of it all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They have no idea what you're talking about, only around .0002% of them have a good grasp of what evolution is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.