My cat wont stop scratching.?

I have a large cat and he can do quite a bit of damage. He's 16 lbs of pure muscle, no fat or fur. He will not stop scratching! I have tried the double sided tape, he just moved to a spot where the tape wasn't. I spray anti-scratch spray, he just waits till it dries, I got a spray bottle with water, and he... show more I have a large cat and he can do quite a bit of damage. He's 16 lbs of pure muscle, no fat or fur. He will not stop scratching! I have tried the double sided tape, he just moved to a spot where the tape wasn't. I spray anti-scratch spray, he just waits till it dries, I got a spray bottle with water, and he just got used to being sprayed in the face even. I've even gotten 3 different scratch pads with cat-nip on it. I live in an apt so I know he has a limited amount of space but he actually put a hole in my couch! I just know if I get those claw covers he'll rip them off in a second. I am going crazy! What should I do, is there another spray someone can recommend? I am going crazy. The worst part is that he waits until he thinks I am asleep at night before he does most of the damage. Please I need help. Getting rid of him or declawing is not an option but there has to be something to stop him. Nothing has worked so far.
12 answers 12