Do opposites really attract?

Ok I'm a 18 year old attractive boy (I not saying that in a vain way). Not shy but rarely flirtatious, respects peoples feelings before my own, bit of a push over, doesn't sleep around (in fact a virgin) and doesn't have any habits like smoking or drugs. Will get drunk and go out partying in town but... show more Ok I'm a 18 year old attractive boy (I not saying that in a vain way). Not shy but rarely flirtatious, respects peoples feelings before my own, bit of a push over, doesn't sleep around (in fact a virgin) and doesn't have any habits like smoking or drugs. Will get drunk and go out partying in town but thats about as far as I'll go. Recently I've had this huge infatuation for this girl thats about as flirtatious as you can get, Is a good friend but isn't a push over, not in a slutty way but lets say shes got "experience" if you know what I mean, smokes and wont necessarily put the feelings of others before her own and I find her the most stunning person on the planet.

Can't get her out of my head. Shes impulsive not like me and isn't as self conscious as I am. I once got in a fight for her cause I thought a guy had over stepped his boundarys and since she was upset I whacked this guy right in the nose. But I can only do things like that when shes around. Yet shes not like me at all personality wise and I want her so bad.

Is it true opposites attract? Do you think she'd be into me cause I'm not like her? Also do good guys ever really win the girl?