In Australia, regarding breaking of a rental lease?

We currently are renting and have realised we may be able to afford to buy. so we want to take advantage of the govt grant. ends 30th june 09. Also we just signed the lease for another 12 months ends feb 10. we didn't realise we may be able to buy a house. well i'm wanting to know can we break lease... show more We currently are renting and have realised we may be able to afford to buy. so we want to take advantage of the govt grant. ends 30th june 09.

Also we just signed the lease for another 12 months ends feb 10. we didn't realise we may be able to buy a house.

well i'm wanting to know can we break lease on grounds of property being in poor condition and owner not fixing things that are dangerous to us the tenants? Is the only way to break the lease and lose our bond?

We have been onto the RTA website(renting laws) and can't find anything about breaking the lease, other then that the real estate has an obligation to try to get someone else into the place asap.

we have to give sufficient notice and may be liable for advertising costs.

Any Australians that know the rules of getting out (breaking a lease early) in queensland?
Update: This is actually in the australian site, i always enter the australian site.!
2 answers 2