Help my cat keeps trying to eat my 3 year olds hambster!!?

ok for christmas we got my 3 year old two hamsters to replace the pet rat that passed away a fre days before and my cat "missy" keeps knocking the cage over! we have tryed everything to keep the cat away, but its not working. a few nights ago she finely manege to catch the male and was trying to carry him... show more ok for christmas we got my 3 year old two hamsters to replace the pet rat that passed away a fre days before and my cat "missy" keeps knocking the cage over! we have tryed everything to keep the cat away, but its not working. a few nights ago she finely manege to catch the male and was trying to carry him off. she only goes after the male one"peanut". and i am considering velcoing the cage to the top of the book case that it is sitting on. i know that cats are supposed to go after stuff like this but my other cats show no interest in the hamsters i don't want to get rid of them because my son loves them, but i just don't know how to keep them safe. anyone out there have any ideas?
Update: water will not work on "missy" she likes it!
2 answers 2