Are you prepared for *kitten season*?

I can see it happening right now. Question after question about pregnant cats. Soon the shelters will be exploding with kittens whose lives depend on finding a home. Due to the economy, rescuers (myself included) are mostly full to capacity with animals and won't be able to save as many as in years past. ... show more I can see it happening right now. Question after question about pregnant cats. Soon the shelters will be exploding with kittens whose lives depend on finding a home.

Due to the economy, rescuers (myself included) are mostly full to capacity with animals and won't be able to save as many as in years past. Last year I went to a shelter that had boxes of kittens stacked in the hallways waiting to be killed because they had run out of room. Is it really too much to ask for people to have their cats spayed/neutered?

Legit: What made you decide to have your cat spayed/neutered?
Update: It was hard not, Amanda. But like I said, I have no more room at the inn and no funds to care for them if I had a 20 room mansion. Adoptions have dropped to an all time low because people just can't afford pets right now and shelters don't have money/room for them all. If they were never born, they would... show more It was hard not, Amanda. But like I said, I have no more room at the inn and no funds to care for them if I had a 20 room mansion. Adoptions have dropped to an all time low because people just can't afford pets right now and shelters don't have money/room for them all. If they were never born, they would never have to die like that.