I have a 350 THM chevy transmission and the transmission fluid does not circulate very well to cool the fluid?

I have flushed out with are all the trany lines and the radiator transmission coils with air pressure and they are not clod up. yet the trany fluid circulates for a while then it quits . I am baffled to fix this problem

check,,,,transmission filter, valve body function,torque converter pressure, etc. .....good luck!

Source(s): 44+ year,s wrenching.
  • ?

8-9 pints, which equals approximately 4 a million/2 quarts. i desire to advise which you do no longer overfill the tranny, because it is going to create aeration of the fluid, additionally could blow out seals. I relatively have a 1968 Chevy C10 with a TH400, it follows a similar maintenance schedule as that of the TH350.

you can buy a trans cooler and bolt it on in front of the radiator, it should work better because the fluid is not being heated up by the water temp

I had a problem like that and i took it to a shop and had it back flushed.

It cost about 100 bucks but its worth it.

You can search for back flushing a transmission.

Then do a pro and con. and decide for yourself

Source(s): self

get ready for a rebuild/replacement