IT JUST DOESNT SEEM FAIR TO ME! but maybe i am wrong, help me :D?

my situation....i have like this guy for about a year and a half now, and he likes me as well...the problem is he is one of my older brothers friends, i am 17, 18 in september and he is 20, 21 in April.... he was supposto take me on a date but my brothers friend who is also like a brother told him he was not... show more my situation....i have like this guy for about a year and a half now, and he likes me as well...the problem is he is one of my older brothers friends, i am 17, 18 in september and he is 20, 21 in April.... he was supposto take me on a date but my brothers friend who is also like a brother told him he was not allowed because he didnt want him to use me or whatever, so i ended up getting stood-up. I just dont think its fair that if we are both attracted to eachother why just because he is friends with my brother makes such a big difference? am i wrong or are they?