Why is it ..so important we keep our oil lite and our lamps burning for the Lord?

Darkness surrounds us...this is so important to us as believers....as well ...why?

Personally what does this do for us...as well as for others?

Amen. Praise the Lord that as vessels, we are lamps unto God, we are here containing His Spirit as the Oil ( Rom 8:16), and day by day, we need to take the message of the 5 wise virgins and hold it close to our hearts. These ones are our pattern, they not only had the oil in their lamps ( in their spirit Prov 20:27) but hallelujah, they also had it in their vessels ( soul).

This very dear portion in Matthew 25 shows us that today, we need to be those giving the Holy Spirit a way INTO our soul, He should never be limited to just habitating our spirit, how He desires above all else to enter into our minds, our will, our emotions. In turn dear sister.... as He is able to transform and saturate all these inward parts of our being, we become those who are shining forth Christ. This treasure in our earthen vessel is no longer hidden, but burning and shining through us as a testimony to the fact that Jesus Lives, He is real, He is alive, He is able to turn us from darkness to light.

Phil 2:15-16

That you may be blameless and guileless children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you shine as luminaries in the world

Holding forth the word of life, so that they may have a boast in the day of Christ that I did not run in vain nor labour in vain"

I just want to tell the Lord, that I want Him to permeate and saturate me with Himself as the Oil. That when others come into contact with me and all my brothers and sisters, that something of the Lord will rub off on others. That they will behold this One who is the Marvelous Light of the world.

1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people acquired for a possession, so that you may TELL OUT the virtues of Him who has called you out of darkness into His Marvelous Light!"

Daily we need to come to the Lord as open vessels, saying to Him that whatever He brings our way so that we can gain the " extra oil" in our soul, that we say AMEN to it. By denying ourselves, taking up our cross and following our Lamb wherever He may go, causes the Spirit to be released into our souls as the extra oil. I am so touched with how mobile the Lord desires to be in us. Moving back and forth from our spirit into our soul, always dispensing more of His riches into our being. This truly has a lasting impact on those that come in contact with us. It is here that they contact the Christ who lives in us and are able to be brought to God's salvation. May our lights continue to be burning bright.

Our oil continually collecting and our wicks trimmed ( Matt 25:7).

Its important that the wick of our " testimony" be always trimmed. The soot of an untrimmed wick is unpleasant and rather than fill the place with light it is filled with smoke. Many times we are, in our natural disposition, in our self and in our old man, very much a frustration to the Lord, how desperately these matters in our being need to be trimmed off and brought under the killing of the cross so that the blue flame of the Lord in us is bright and shining before others.

Even if we have the oil in our lamps and in the extra vessels, this STILL has to come out through the wicks. What kind of testimony do we have in our life and living before others truly determines whether the Lord has a prevailing way to shine or not. May our hearts be moved and opened to the Lord as He deals with us in this matter.

Grace be with all those who call upon the Name of the Lord here on the forum. When we call we receive the Person of that name. He is rich to those who Call. When we call we drink of the Spirit and gain Him as the extra oil in our vessels more and more.

Love in Christ

your sis

sandy

Source(s): Recovery Version bible Living stream Ministry.

True Christians are the light unto the world. A Christian must live as if Christ were coming today. For Jesus says that He will come as a "Thief" in the night and the whole world will be caught unaware. If any Christian thinks he or she can live carnally and in the same way the people of the world are living, they are in for a rude awakening when the Lord calls His Bride home. They will be left to face the coming Antichrist and they will have no choice but to give their own life in order to be saved..They will be given a choice..Receive the Mark of the beast or death...The world will receive the mark and their souls shall be judged and condemned..Christians are given power and the anointing of Christ and there is reason to live but holy and righteous lives before both God and man.. These are they the Lord will return for...Be ready! Watch and pray! For you not not what hour your Lord will return!!

Our descendents for many generations to come will be using oil, kerogen or coal derived liquid fuels to move their cars. I have owned 5 houses in several different cities and none have used oil to for heat, I know some older houses do, but I suspect this will be phased out over time. Fertilizer is usually not made from oil, it can be, but it is not the most efficient route. Fertilizer production involves the generation of hydrogen, the separation of nitrogen from the air and the combination of the two to produce ammonia. The most efficient feed stock for the production of hydrogen is natural gas, not oil.

• Jade

Because so many people allow their lights to burn out. It is important to always be cheerful, even when your day feels *crappy.*

I've been inspired by a young lady that was always cheerful each day even when there was nothing to be cheerful about. You may not know it, but you may inspire somebody. God needs people who will always have their lamps burning. Let yours keep burning! It does things that you will not know until Eternity with God.

The Lord bless you sister! :)

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?Psalm 27:1

For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.Psalm 18:28

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.Psalm 119:105

Jesus is my light. The Holy Spirit is what keeps me burning with the light. The Bible guides my path with the light.

We are to reflect the light from our Savior Jesus to the world. We are to light their paths with the word of God.

This keeps us in constant prayer guided by the Holy Spirit, through Jesus, to the Father. When we are close to the Father we have alot of love to give others. God is love!

God Bless!

The 5 foolish virgins let their 'oil' go out before Jesus came, and could not enter into the Kingdom.

The 5 wise virgins, had enough 'oil' (true spiritual light) to keep shining until the return of Jesus, and were allowed into the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 25:1-11, Revelation 2&3, etc..

Source(s): Bible

There is darkness and sin all around us, sometimes we even let it enter into our hearts and lives.

Light exposes darkness. Without light, we would never be aware of the sin that is hiding in the dark corners of our lives because we cannot see it.

So we have to keep our light shining to keep the dark corners well lit and shut out the sin that so easily can take over.

• D.A.M

We must always be looking for the Lord...we do not know when He will return. If you are not ready, He could come back on one of those friday nights that you decided to go out and tie one on and who knows what else may come out of that night. If Jesus came back on that same night...where does that leave you?!

As Christians, we must always put God first in our lives...only doing the things that we know He will permit us to do. We must try to lives as sin free as possible.

By living a righteous lifestyle, we will be a prime example to others of how God blesses His followers...they will be able to see the Light of the Lord through our actions and words.

This is how we plant the seed in others ....we plant the seed...God will make it grow.

Live your life to Christ....remain steadfast until the end. God holds us in His hand and no one can snatch us out of it....talk about security!

Praise and Glory be to Christ our Lord forever!

With love...."D"

• anna

We are supposed to be the light of the world, as Jesus Himself said. Our light (the light of Christ) should shine before people so they can see it and glorify God.

It's part of our job description.

Oil is always a symbol for the Holy Spirit and joy. We are to be a positive force for good in the world, and a channel for the Holy Spirit to reach mankind.

How to Present Truth

Christ does not say to us, "Strive to shine." He says, "Let your light shine." He in whose heart Christ abides cannot help shining. "Let your light shine." Do not allow your light to be dimmed by selfishness or unrighteous actions. Never gather clouds about you; for this means concealment of your light. Do not dim it by speaking words of harshness or anger. Let the light shine forth brightly to those within and without the home. Gather rays of light from Him who is the Light of the world, and shine more and more brightly. Let your lamp be always trimmed and burning.

Keep your lamp trimmed and burning, that the light may shine forth to all who are in the house. "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Source(s): Give Me Oil in My Lamp Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Zech. 4:6. We need not think that because we are only a tiny light, that we need not be particular about shining. The great value of our light lies in its consistency in shining amid the moral darkness of the world, in shining not to please ourselves and glorify ourselves, but to honor God with all there is of us. If we are doing service for God, and our work is corresponding with the ability God has given us, that is all He expects of us. We know that the lamps which give us light have no light in themselves. They cannot fill themselves. So the holy appointed ones must empty the golden oil into the golden tubes. And the heavenly fire, when applied, makes them burning and shining lights. Our hearts cannot reflect light until there is a vital connection with heaven. This alone can make them burn steadily with holy, unselfish love for Jesus, and for all who are the purchase of His blood. And unless we are constantly replenished with the golden oil, the flame will die out. Unless the love of God is an abiding principle in our hearts, our light will go out.

Because Jesus said, "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify the Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16