Roadsters - Which is the Best?

I was looking at some "posh" 2 seater convertibles (e.g. Merc SLK, Audi TT, BMW Z4,) when a friend of mine told me to have a look at a Mazda MX-5. I test drove it and compared to the others it felt a bit "basic" and "old fashioned". I can afford all the cars in the posh sector and the MX5. Which car is best?

By the way, I do have a pratical car. I want my roadster to be comfy though when I'm not giving it the pelt.

My pratical car is a Volvo Estate Diesel if you were wondering. The Mrs. usually uses that with the children. (2 of them)

As one answerer mentioned 'taller drivers'. I am 6 foot 4.5 inches.

Chrysler Crossfire

MB running gear

SLK should be another 'practical' car. I'd definitely go for the TT or Z4. The Z4 and TT handle roughly the same, and the Z4 is slightly faster. And if you're a taller driver, get the TT. The Z4 has no headroom.

Z4 or TT is the best roadster out there unless you get into a totally different price range.