Roadsters - Which is the Best?

I was looking at some "posh" 2 seater convertibles (e.g. Merc SLK, Audi TT, BMW Z4,) when a friend of mine told me to have a look at a Mazda MX-5. I test drove it and compared to the others it felt a bit "basic" and "old fashioned". I can afford all the cars in the posh sector and the... show more I was looking at some "posh" 2 seater convertibles (e.g. Merc SLK, Audi TT, BMW Z4,) when a friend of mine told me to have a look at a Mazda MX-5. I test drove it and compared to the others it felt a bit "basic" and "old fashioned". I can afford all the cars in the posh sector and the MX5. Which car is best?

By the way, I do have a pratical car. I want my roadster to be comfy though when I'm not giving it the pelt.
Update: My pratical car is a Volvo Estate Diesel if you were wondering. The Mrs. usually uses that with the children. (2 of them)
Update 2: As one answerer mentioned 'taller drivers'. I am 6 foot 4.5 inches.