How do I gain self-confidence? ?

For as long as I can remember, I've always been the shy, quiet girl. I'm still the same as a teen, but I know I need to become more confident. I mean, I'll speak up if it's something I have a conviction about, but people try to walk all over me. I'm guessing part of this is because I walk with a... show more For as long as I can remember, I've always been the shy, quiet girl. I'm still the same as a teen, but I know I need to become more confident. I mean, I'll speak up if it's something I have a conviction about, but people try to walk all over me. I'm guessing part of this is because I walk with a slouch. So, how does one go about becoming more confident? Thanks in advance! ~Indie G

P.S.
I'm not typical shy either. I mean, I listen to rock, go to concerts, I have a life. I just tend to cut myself down and stuff. I want it to end.......