Question for Christians who "warn" others about hell: Why do you contradict yourself so much? ?

When somebody asks if Gandhi is in hell, you answer that only God judges. Yet you tell me I'll end up in hell if I don't believe exactly like you do.

When a loved one dies, you comfort yourself with the knowledge he/she's in Heaven now. Yet when somebody asks if Gandhi is in heaven, you answer that only God judges.

When I ask what exactly hell is, I get many different answers, all based on the Word of God. God's Word is obviously very vague about the ultimate punishment, and about the rules on which someone is judged. Yet, you claim God to be a fair judge.

If your group can't make up their minds about what hell is, or about who goes there, based on which rules, then what's the point of "warning" me about it?

CJ, did you know that in the original Greek versions of the bible, Jesus never once mentions "hell"? He says a different word, "Gehenna" which is nothing like the stereotypical hell.

In fact, most peoples "understanding" of hell came from the Dante's Inferno... An brilliant story, but a story none-the-less.

• love

Christianity is a personal experience with the creator. With God no ones experience is exactly alike. You can not put us all in the same barrel. Yet the world is just like a crab in a barrel only God and his mercy can get us out of it. What about Gandhi? What about anyone?Just because you do not like the answer does not mean it is not so? We may comfort ourselves with our own knowledge. But it does not mean that the word of God is not the truth. Christians do not know everything as you implied. Yet man has strong opinions regarding God's judgment.Yet man has judgment about God and his choices. God is not always fair but he is just. He deals with us as children,he does it on a individual bases,according to each need. Revelations 3:19.

Source(s): It is not about Gandhi nor the Christians. It is about a relationship with God,it is about his spirit in us. We are not a group.2 Peter 9-10.We are a chosen people,call out of darkness. We recieve mercy through the grace of our Father God. This earth is our Pilgrimage. Can one earn his way to heaven. No! It is appointed before time began. We are destined. Ghandi was destined. Can anyone council God on whom he chooses or appoints? You judge the Christian because you see and judge them. Can you judge the things you do not see? Man claims a lot of things in science and humanity,yet the truth is in the creator. So we pray without ceasing for his revelation to come forth in us. The world says what in the hell is going on. Then we say God is doing a perfect work in the earth and someday we will see it for what it is. God is and he is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. God's kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven. It is his decree for he is King.

So far, youv'e gotten answers that contradict the bible.

The truth of the matter is that HELL does not exist in the way that these religions are taught.

Hell is actually a term translated from Greek and Hebrew to mean " common grave of mankind" ( Sheol and Hades)

Notice that in Acts 2:31,KJV... this scripture tells us that Jesus was not forsaken in HELL.

Does that seem reasonable that Jesus was in a fiery pit?

NO, it means the grave, and yes, Jesus was in the common grave of mankind.

Other good scriptures to note about the condition of the dead therfore the falsity of hell are the following:

Ps 146:4...His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;

In that day his thoughts do perish.

Eccl 9:5....For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten

Eccl 9:10 ...All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going.

Source(s): I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses

We warn others, because it is inevitable that everyone will face THE Creator of all mankind one day, and we don't want ANYONE to go to hell, simply because they never believed it would really happen. If we didn't love you, we wouldn't care what happened to you in life.

The only time you have to make your choice to believe and live right, is now. While we're alive. Not even tomorrow is guaranteed No one knows what tomorrow might bring.

Rather than trying to judge whether God's way of judging is fair or not, do you know for absolute certain, that if something happened and you died tomorrow, would you be ready to explain to God why you chose to believe as you do?

That is, would you be totally comfortable to look your Creator (whoever you believe that to be), could you look them straight in the eye, and say these things to Him to His face??

Regardless of "Who" you say is Creator,

We are no more that a "spec" of dust compared to our Creator, Who are WE to judge what is fair??

Would you rather there were no hell or punishment for people who do terrible and evil things to other people, while they are on this earth? Should God over look this??

I always love when people ask the easy questions like that.

I usually know my relatives and friends and can say what they most likely believed. I can read the requirements laid out in the scriptures and understand what gets you in or out.

But I never neet Ghandi, so I can not know what he believed.

There is no contradiction in saying I know the requirements, but that I don't know whether someone I never meet mets those requirements or not.

Why does it upset you when someone tells you that they have seen and met the messiah and he has in his hands the keys to life and death and offers freely salvation to all mankind .....why is your only answer to that ...a prideful >> prove it to me .. Or a ...You can't have a corner on the market of truth ..What makes your religion right ??? When someone is saying "hey get into the water ....You'll be healed and know the truth " ...I have seen the living messiah .. he is risen ... like thomas people choose instead to say unless I see him for myself .. until he writes my name in the sky I won't believe it ..

That is true only God judges if Ghandi went to hell. Some people like Ghandi was not a Christian . So why does God judge because maybe people like Ghandi decided to become Christian at his last breath and was saved!

1. We are brave enough to tell you the truth, there is a hell whther you agree or not. Of course God is a fair judge. If He was not He would not even allow any of us to live.

2. Would you let a robber into your house do do as he / she wsihes? No you would not same with God and who He lets into Heaven. The Bible tells you what Hell is like -read it.

• Back in the bible days, the word HELL was used to describe the grave. You can research this for yourself. Show me one person who went to hell in the bible. When it say that Jesus conquered HELL. It meant that Jesus coconquered death and a way to release from the sin that Adam and Eve passed on to us and it gives us a chance to live forever.

No, I tell you quite straigth-forwardly: if Gandhi never confessed that Jesus Christ is LORD and his Savior, then he is in hell.

Simply put. No contradiction

This is what the gospel says:

24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. 25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

28"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. (John 5:24-28)

As for if you are wondering what “doing good or evil” means: Jesus said:

“28Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"

29Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent." (John 6:28-29)

He also said.

“47I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. 48I am the bread of life. (John 6:47-48)

To Mike V:

The book of Revelation tells quite clearly about hell:

15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15 )

Maybe Dante is the one who got inspired and not the inspirator?

You have pointed out a religion and its tenet's. Faith exists on its own, with out people. It does not need people to speak for it to evidence itself. You should be weary of anyone who spends more time telling you about how to enter hell rather than entering heaven.

You must find the truth for yourself. If you want to understand what some "Christians" half-way read you should probably get the manuscript yourself.