Was I mistreated and do I have a case?

Last night this incident occured and I want your opinion on this. Last year I bought an opened boxed laptop from circuit city and I bought their advantage plan in which if the fire dog department ( circuit city computer tech) failed in fixing the problem they would replace the laptop with another one... show more Last night this incident occured and I want your opinion on this.

Last year I bought an opened boxed laptop from circuit city and I bought their advantage plan in which if the fire dog department ( circuit city computer tech) failed in fixing the problem they would replace the laptop with another one within the same price range and this works after the manufacter warranty expires. So I bought the laptop Jan 05 of 2008 and in feburary the laptop died on me one month after purchase so I took the laptop to the fire dog and they held it for one week because they couldn't figure out the problem. Then they told me that I have to send the laptop to Acer the manufacter to fix and i complied with that and I sent the laptop to acer and they fixed.

Then for the past 6 months I've been having the same problems with the laptop so I talked to fire dog department and they told me I could bring in the laptop and get another one so I went yesterday to do so. I was surprised that the fire dog told me according to the plan they have to see if they can fix it and if they can't then they would replace the laptop for me and i have told them that the laptop been sent out twice and your technicians failed to fix it and this computer is an opened box item which means its been used and abused and probably returned for being defective so I would like a different laptop please and my pitch got high little bit but I do have a naturally high pitch tone and i was very respectful.

The manager raises his arm all the way to my face level with a fist shape and tells me to get out of the store and he's not going to let me disrespect his employees. I was calm and told him I didn't disrespect anyone and to my understanding your advantage insurance plan grants me a different laptop if you failed in fixing it which is proven twice once by your department and once by the manufacter. Then he leaves the counter and comes towards me standing infront of my face invading my personal space and I told him that he's invading my personal space and please back away because you're too close to me. Then I asked him for his name and the 1800 number for complaint for Circuit city and he refused to give it to me and told me we are not going to give you anything. I told him by law you are suppose to give me that number with your name because I worked in a retail store and no matter what you're obligated to give that number.

Then I asked him to call the cops because he raised his arms to my face level and shaped it as a fist and I want to press chargers because I was threatened by his actions and disrespected. Then he said okay we are calling the cops and then he made 3 of his employe's stand around me and watch me to make sure that I don't talk to anyone until the cops came and this all happened infront of the customers and I was really disrespected and made me feel like a fugitive or I stole something I'm like what the hell I'm medical student and there's no way in hell I would deal with people like that and what you're doing shows lack of professionalism. I was waiting for 35 mins and the cops didn't show up while 3 workers were surrounding me and watching me. Then he comes back and he was like well the cops didn't come I told him I know because you never called and my cellphone in the car and I can't leave the store once you asked me to leave and come back then he was like how can we resolve this. He ended up doing what he was suppose to do from the beginning return the laptop and give me another one. I don't want to say because I'm middle eastern with muslim name he was racist against me but, I think what he did with his employees was very wrong and he needs to pay for that behavior and disrespect. Do you think I have a case? I didn't take any customers number as witnesses but the camera are there and I saw 3 of them that covered the angles pretty well.
6 answers 6