Friend with benefits ?

For the past few months I have been seeing a man, The same man I dated 13 years ago and dumped. Though our relationship ended we parted on alright terms. Though I tried to keep my distance he had always made it a point to talk to me when he saw me So anyways we hooked back up but we both agreed that we both only wanted a friend with benefits type of relationship. Well the past 7 or 8 times we have gotten together he keeps asking me the same question just in different ways. Which is Could I get attached to him. Each time I have answered him no, that I am not looking for anything more. But no matter how many different ways I tell him this he still continues to ask the same question. So I guess my question to you all would be did he enter this type of relationship with me wanting more but not wanting to admit it until i do? Or is it his way of just keeping tabs to make sure I am not wanting more? For every time we talk about it, it is like talking in circles and I come away more confused then Before. so any insight you may have would be very helpful.

Well to me it seems like u came off on him in that way that u want more, and know that ur telling him no he really doesn't understand why, really try to explain to him like explain why u dont want more, or at least give him a chance it might be worth ur wild