Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why do people add "Best answer 10 points" to a question?

I mean it's obvious if we get best answer we're going to get 10 points, so why add it to the question??

• No

Because some people only answer questions for the points. And if they know that person will choose a best answer (lots of askers don't) then they will give a better answer.

Source(s): Or maybe that's just me....

YES! I ALWAYS WANTED TO ASK THAT!!!

I KNOW.. it's not like you have the power to give less or more..!!

I Mean.. I don't mind if they say.. easy 10 points (even though is obvious).. but what I think is ridicules is when they say.. I will give 10 points for best answer..

As a way of advertising their questions. They think that if they remind people they have a possibility of 10 points they will want to answer it more. It's usually a stupid question tho.

They think that everybody is as innocent about Y/A as the are and don't understand what a Best Answer is or the rewards for it. I'm at Level 7, and I'm pretty sure I know how it works.

It attracts people to come to the question and answer it the best. I guess lol

• They must think it ups the amount of answers they get. It is obvious.

Source(s): My head. =]

because people dont answer questions.

especially the important ones.

but they answer the "am i pretty" ones knowing the person might not pick best answer so if a person puts best answer then people are most likely to answer it.

It pulls people in and lures them to answer the question.

haha cuz most of the time ppl forget about their question and never chooses a best answer. i do this all the time

to get more people to answer the question. like the only reason i answered this question was to get 2 points lol idk why i need 2 points but yeah im stupid hahaha