Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why do people add "Best answer 10 points" to a question?

I mean it's obvious if we get best answer we're going to get 10 points, so why add it to the question??

19 Answers

Relevance
  • No
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Because some people only answer questions for the points. And if they know that person will choose a best answer (lots of askers don't) then they will give a better answer.

Source(s): Or maybe that's just me....
  • 1 decade ago

YES! I ALWAYS WANTED TO ASK THAT!!!

I KNOW.. it's not like you have the power to give less or more..!!

I Mean.. I don't mind if they say.. easy 10 points (even though is obvious).. but what I think is ridicules is when they say.. I will give 10 points for best answer..

• 1 decade ago

As a way of advertising their questions. They think that if they remind people they have a possibility of 10 points they will want to answer it more. It's usually a stupid question tho.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They think that everybody is as innocent about Y/A as the are and don't understand what a Best Answer is or the rewards for it. I'm at Level 7, and I'm pretty sure I know how it works.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It attracts people to come to the question and answer it the best. I guess lol

• They must think it ups the amount of answers they get. It is obvious.

Source(s): My head. =]
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because people dont answer questions.

especially the important ones.

but they answer the "am i pretty" ones knowing the person might not pick best answer so if a person puts best answer then people are most likely to answer it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It pulls people in and lures them to answer the question.

• 1 decade ago

haha cuz most of the time ppl forget about their question and never chooses a best answer. i do this all the time

• 1 decade ago

to get more people to answer the question. like the only reason i answered this question was to get 2 points lol idk why i need 2 points but yeah im stupid hahaha

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.