2004 Smart Roadster with headlight problems!?

I've had my Smart roadster from new and have had to replace the headlight bulbs 9 times so far! Last time was in August and one of them has blown again! I replace both every time and its never the same one twice! Why would it do this? Its becoming very expensive! I had it checked whilst it was still under... show more I've had my Smart roadster from new and have had to replace the headlight bulbs 9 times so far! Last time was in August and one of them has blown again! I replace both every time and its never the same one twice! Why would it do this? Its becoming very expensive! I had it checked whilst it was still under warranty and they said all the Electrics were ok and it would probably settle down! It hasn't and seems to be getting worse! Any ideas people? Preferably cheap ideas!
Update: I have the specialist in Halfords replace the bulbs as they are very fiddly to get to! They have always used gloves.