Should I put my cat to sleep?? I can't decide what is best for him?

My cat is 15 years old and about 3 years ago he had all of his male parts removed because of a blockage. Ever since then he has had trouble going to the bathroom. He is in and out of the vet every few months with bladder infections and they can't seem to ever cure it completely (they say its becuase of the surgery... show more My cat is 15 years old and about 3 years ago he had all of his male parts removed because of a blockage. Ever since then he has had trouble going to the bathroom. He is in and out of the vet every few months with bladder infections and they can't seem to ever cure it completely (they say its becuase of the surgery he had) Well, when we moved to a new house everything was going great until he decided to start going to the bathroom on the new leather furniture...and eventually every other piece as well. Last week we took him back to the vet and they diagnosed him with diabetes. He still has the uniary track infection and he bleeds whenever he goes to the bathroom.
I can't decide because he still looks like he feels fine, and the doctor says that he is not in a lot of pain, he just doesn't feel very well. He has been such an important part of my life and I can't decide if I put him to sleep now, if I will be taking a few years off the life that he has left. I would really appreciate any feedback anyone can give me.