My 2004 Jeep Liberty’s check engine light is on? ?

I took it to Midas for a tune up, but the light is still on.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Drive it for a while and see if it turns off. Ours has been on since May, and nothing bad has happened yet.

• 3 years ago

2004 Jeep Liberty Engine

• 3 years ago

04 Jeep Liberty

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My 2004 Jeep Liberty’s check engine light is on? ?

I took it to Midas for a tune up, but the light is still on.

Source(s): 2004 jeep liberty check engine light on: https://tr.im/iWh1P
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Have the driver door open and sit in the driver sit.

Have a pen and paper handy to write on.

Turn the key on and off 3 times, on the 3rd time leaving it on.

Depending on your system, if you have a digital odometer, an error code will be displayed.

If that doesnt happen, the engine light will start flashing. Start writing down how many times it flashes per interval. It may flash 3, then stop, then flash 4, then stop, and finally flashy just two times. This means it is number 342.

Get online and look up error codes for your vehicle and match it up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Usually with older cars ---1995 and older the check engine light comes on and it's really not even anything to worry about. It's usually for something that makes no difference to the function of your engine and it could also be a lose wire that goes to the check engine light.

If you ask a mechanic it will be costly for them to find the reason, and it's not even worth it.

You can also go to places like advanced auto and get a free reading for why it may be on.

Also, in some states, you will still pass inspection with that warning coming on because your car is a 1994.

• 4 years ago

There are numerous O2 codes, some just mean the sensor is measuring out of range due to some other malfunction. You need to properly diagnose the whole system before you just start throwing parts at it. The fact that all 3 codes are still present indicate this and that the original sensors were not necessarily bad.

• jj
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Turn the ignition key on(not start)-off-on-off-on within five seconds. Leave the key in the on position the third time. Watch the odometer (mileage display) and trouble codes will flash up there. Make a note of any that appear and go here to see what they mean...

http://www.allpar.com/fix/computer-codes.html

• 1 decade ago

take it for a diagnostic check. it,ll tell you why it,s on. they hook a computer to your engines computer and do a reading. or you can buy a diagnostic reader for 180 like i did. it will cost you 60-80 to get it done.

• 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avGeW

if they are o2 heater codes than yes you need to check the o2 heater fuse and the o2 heater relay in the pdc, if they are circuit, rich, or lean codes than you need to check the common gounds

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.