Does the Bible ever mention God replacing/changing one's memory?

Does the Bible ever mention any situation in which God gave someone a fake or replaced memory of the past in any way?

Even though it's not necessarily directly related, I'm reminded about a couple odd things, like the priest Melkizedek (Hebrews 7:3 says about him: "Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever.")... so it makes one wonder who he told people he was, and where he came from. (though it is extremely trivial in importance, and beside the point)

Anyway, does anyone know of any situations where God "healed" or "masked" someone's memory of the past in any way?

Thanks!

No,Melchizedek was a immortal and well recognized even Abraham knew Him.God has no reason to mask any thing,it is up to us to understand.

Are you talking about 'healing of the memories'? You know, where you go back into your past and remember that hurtful thing that happened, and then imagine Jesus coming and healing it, or replacing it with a more 'healthy' memory, which then becomes what 'actually happened'.

The idea behind this is that you can create your own reality, which is a New Age (now called 'new spirituality') concept.

Really, there is nothing, absolutely nothing in the Bible about this, and I personally believe that it is extremely dangerous, because it belongs more in the realm of spiritualism/spiritism than Christianity - and the Bible gives plenty of warnings about not having anything to do with that! Also, the practice of visualisation is another New Age thing, borrowed from eastern religious practices, and extremely dangerous. How do you know that the 'Jesus' who appears to you is the real Jesus, especially as you've taken the wrong route to get to him?

The closest incident I can recall is in Daniel 4:34 when Nebuchadnezzar lost his mind for 7 years:

34 And at the end of the time I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my understanding returned to me; and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever:

Paul said this:

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained. "

Philippians 3:7-16

God says this through Isaiah:

"Forget the former things;

do not dwell on the past.

See, I am doing a new thing!

Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?

I am making a way in the desert

and streams in the wasteland. "

Isaiah 43:18-19

I believe that's why in older times when people made predictions they were vilified and made outcasts/burned as witches/heretics, because it was seen as that the only person who could give people memories of the future was God.

Which is a tad ridiculous, attributing something as ordinary and regular as fortune-telling to the will of God.

I'm not sure whether the bible says specifically anything along the lines of "false prophets", but i'm pretty certain it's there somewhere.

God wants us to renew our mind (Romans 12:2) to put on the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) so that we do not be conformed to this world. God bless you.

http://bible.cc/isaiah/43-18.htm and http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah...

are the only things I have been able to come up with.

However, I have a Jewish friend who moved from Poland to Israel as a nine year old child and who claims to remember nothing at all about life in Poland -- it has been wiped from her memory. I can't ask her whether it was because her childhood was so traumatic, because she can't remember!

I can't answer your question but i know a person who can answer it Biblically and he is Bro. Eli Soriano of Church of God International(Philippines)

www.truthcaster.com

www.theoldpath.com

Source(s): www.truthcaster.com www.theoldpath.com