I just discharged from USMC bootcamp on 9/3/08. I got the Reentry code: RE-3F. Can I rejoin another service?

I was discharged as FTA or failure to adapt with depressed mood. I was not prepared for the mental stress of boot-camp. Is there any way that I can reenlist into the army with the reentry code RE-3F? I really want to get back into the military and I feel that I am ready for boot-camp.

If you weren't mentally prepared for Marine boot camp, how are you going to be mentally prepared for any other branches basic training, to include the Army? It is possible for you to join the Army, but you would require a RE waiver and depending on your separation code, you may need a medread/medical waiver. Then again, because you were discharged not that long ago, you may not be able to rejoin for awhile. Contact your local Army recruiter. Let him/her get all the info to help you.

Source(s): Active Duty Army Recruiter, Richmond, Ky

You will need a waiver. Why do you want to reenlist so soon? Do you realize since you didn't make it in the Marines you will always feel you settled for second best by enlisting in the Army? The Army is not second best but you chose the Marines first.

Sounds like you better suited to the Navy Or Air Force but they may not take you now , with the RE-3F. The Army might be your only shot.

My brother-in-law got the same discharge from the Air Force over 3 years ago. He's had no luck enlisting with any of the other branches. They just don't want to take the chance of wasting all that time and money on him.

nope. One.. not all RE3s will be waived despite it being provided for in the regs. 2 nobody grants waivers to Prior Service at this time.

• JMB

Not without a waiver

WAIVER, but hey its the army anything is possible =D

• Mrsjvb

not without a waiver.

your silly....u cant even keep your mind right in bootcamp....why would the military want to invest in you.

Source(s): 13F