Do you have cable / satellite dish / rabbit ears / antenna for your television viewing?

I am just asking in general because we were sort of "forced" into getting a satellite dish last week because the location where we live told everyone that the main cable lines were "not up to the standards" for the new thing coming in February, so they dropped the cable for all of us. They don't want to dig up the... show more I am just asking in general because we were sort of "forced" into getting a satellite dish last week because the location where we live told everyone that the main cable lines were "not up to the standards" for the new thing coming in February, so they dropped the cable for all of us. They don't want to dig up the streets to place this new cable so some don't have tv at all now or have to get the rabbit ears/antenna (with the box) or buy into a satellite dish, which we did. It's kind of over-whelming with all the channels that we really don't need. We like a lot of stations, besides the regular local channels, but we won't watch many of them. We are also paying a lot more too now. The one good thing about it is that our picture on every channel is beautiful compared to our old service with cable. So that's a plus. What experiences have you had with a situation like this or are you happy or unhappy with your current service? Do you or did you feel that it was too much sometimes with all the channels?
Update: Lily: The cable company told the owner and management, who are both jerks of this co-op development, that the cables are not good.
Update 2: Just Joyce: LOL, I watch Ghost Hunters also. Can't miss that one!
Update 3: BRILLIANT ANSWERS!! Thanks to all.

Robert W: I agree with you (another plus) about the music stations. Enjoying those very much.
DR.W: I hear ya. I agree too. It's almost like we don't have many "freedoms" anymore. You are TOLD what to use or whatever.