does proactive really work?

Saved my life.

This product can and at the same time might not. It really depends on your skin type. It probably works for most people but from my personal experience it failed me. My acne had to be treated by a doctor. But go on and try proactive because it can work and if it does you will love the results.

It helped me a lot. I couldn't use it twice a day as the package recommended because it dried my skin out REALLY bad. I used it at bedtime. I also used the Refining Mask as a spot treatment. In the mornings I used Clearasil Daily Face Wash. Also, try not to touch your face at all during the day. Your hands are dirty and oily and will make your face breakout.

One word of caution - Proactive will bleach fabrics, so use an old handtowel to dry your face and hands after applying it, and don't let it touch your clothes.

I was answering another question and about 6 others said not to use it ,that it causes worst problems and scaring.My niece use a generic form and it caused all the clogged pores to break out and then her skin looked great when it cleared up ,so maybe proactive works the same way.Things have to be cleaned up to get better.

From what I have heard proactive appears to work in the first few weeks. But after that it goes all downhill. It messes up your skin, causing you to have extreme pimples and zits when you are older. I hope this is accurate cause my sister's friend's mom is like a skin person or something. (thats where i got this from)

no. the only reason people think it works & endorse it is because they never had a skincare regimin b 4 and useing it they do. common sense tells you that if you only wash your face happenstance or not regularly its gonna look bad but all of a sudden your washin 2-3 times day n using toner n lotion while masks and spot treatments once week ur skins gonna look better. dont waste your money any derm. will tell u the same xceopt the ones who sell the stuff

It works for most people.

Source(s): i used it and it worked, but it didn't for my friends because they told me.

For me it didn't, but I didn't continously use it. The refining mask worked pretty good though as a spot treatment.

not really

but what really worked is that

tiny bottle thats like a mask

its a miricle

I think it just depends..I have heard some people say it works great, but others say that it doesn't work...

yes, but these days a lot of infomercials claim there are better ones out there like clean and clear