Mary Boo asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

WHAT DO YOU ALL NO ABOUT WINDOWS ME MILLENNIUM ?

WILL YOU LET ME NO A LITTLE ABOUT THIS COMPUTER. AND LET ME NO CAN I CHANGE IT AND HOW. I AM ON A FIX INCOME. PLEASE HELP.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Windows ME stands for 'Windows Millenium Edition', it is one of the many versions of the Windows OS released by Microsoft before Windows XP and Windows Vista editions. It is widely regarded as outdated and rarely used in the present. Fore more details about the OS, read more at Wikipedia, follow the link provided in the source.

To change the OS, there are many options to choose from, ranging from the latest Windows Vista / XP to Linux distros such as Ubuntu / Debian, depending on your System Configuration and how much money you can spend.

In my opinion, if you are using a relatively old computer, and are using it only for business purposes, surfing internet and storing documents you should change to Ubuntu Linux OS. It is FREE and can be downloaded from the website easily with a good internet connection. It will suit most of your needs.

Ubuntu also has inbuilt software packages such as 'Open Office' similar to MS Office, music / video players etc..

If you want to continue with Windows, you must update your Computer hardware to latest configurations for optimum performance and buy a copy of Windows Vista, the latest version of Windows. This option will cost you a bit of money but you can continue to use a familiar OS and run all the latest softwares.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 4 years ago

you rather do no longer desire to try this. you would be a lot greater desirable off setting up abode windows ninety 8 SE. Or, abode windows 2000. abode windows ME is regularly prevalent with the aid of fact the errors from microsoft between ninety 8 and 2000. All of that mentioned, it rather is feasible to place in any between the three, and it is all rather a lot an identical technique. a million. once you initiate your pc, seem for a reveal screen that tells you the thank you to flow into setup. it rather is regularly something like pressing F2, F1, Delete or another key. 2. replace the boot order to have the CD-ROM previously the complicated force. 3. Insert the CD and stick to the instructions. verify you go with "format" to erase each thing on your complicated force. 4. as quickly as you get it put in, you will then could locate the drivers for the old OS's... sturdy good fortune.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would suggest doing some online research about Windows ME, but even with that, I would recommend Windows XP over Windows ME any day. It's more secure, has more software available for it, and will run a lot better and a lot smoother on your computer. Hope that answers your question!

• 1 decade ago

it sucks.

I had it on a P3 933 with 1 gig memory.

It locked up repeatedly.

If you do get the machine be sure it has a gig of memory and put XP on it.

Better yet search on ebay and see if you can get a better machine for the same price.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago
  • 1 decade ago

Wow.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.