Can someone offer me some career advice with arborism?

I've been strongly considering getting involved in a career field involving conservation, trees, nature. I would love to care for trees. This may sound pretty naive, but I have a major fear of heights. I've done some research and it seems that in order to be an arborist it's very necessary to climb trees. I love studying trees, caring for the environment, and being in nature. Is there a field of tree study that doesn't involve the maintenance of trees and where I can still be in the field? Thank you for any advice.

in Ontario the MNR has tree farms where they study tree growth of saplings and other scientific studies contact your local natural resource ministry or state forestry service if they also have such research farms

why not learn to overcome your fear of heights while you are training

for the career. I had a friend who was an army officer - could not

stand the sight of blood. Got out of Army and a job with pharmaceutical

co. Now around blood frequently. But it was difficult at first.

Your fear is irrational. You can overcome it.

Try and get some professional designation of some sort. In Canada, for example, we have a board which provides environmental certifications.

http://www.stuffintheair.com/environmental-certifi...

It is called the Canadian Environmental Certification Approvals Board. See if you can find something in your geographical area that is relevant to your specialty.