if men were as mean toward ugly women like women are to ugly men u think women could handle it any better?

Your question is flawed. Women aren't, as a whole, meaner to less attractive men. They are simply used to being approached by every guy under the sun, so they put up shields to deflect those guys who don't immediately catch their eye. Men do the same, but not nearly as methodically as women do. The trick is to lower their shields while demonstrating higher personal value to her in order for her to look past your initial looks. You know what...just email me sometime. I've got a lot more to say on this subject.

carl.vaughan@qwest.com

Source(s): Long Story

I don't think he said men aren't mean to ugly women. He's comparing the two.

It's obvious that men would and do handle it better. Based on these replies it was obvious that women with their own esteem issues answered defensively instead of dealing with the question. The reason why men would handle it better is that we are less ruled by emotions so it wouldn't have as deep of an affect. As men we face rejection from women more often anyway.

• Kaylyn

I'm not sure where you get the idea that men aren't mean to ugly women. They are. And women can handle it because those men are a waste of time anyways.

Men are mean to ugly women. I think good looking women are nice to ugly men. We know how to let them down with out causing pain.

Men ARE mean to ugly/plain/chubby women, believe me. They act like those women don't exist, or they yell insults from cars, or they sleep with them when they're drunk, pretend to like them, and then never talk to them again.

Women are much more tolerant of average-looking guys. A recent scientific study actually proved that men think they are entitled to a woman who is much better looking that them, in fact. So obviously men expect women to overlook their appearance, because for the most part, we do.

Honestly, I think the best thing you can do would be to ask your husband to un-invite them from visiting you. He should put you and your child before his relationship with his mom and sister, especially when they're acting in such a way. If you aren't going to move any time soon, then just try to minimize the time you see them. For a couple living in their own place, there's nothing unreasonable about wanting to limit that time to, heck, even as little as an hour a week. She sounds like some deranged Southern-Baptist in Texas (no offense to non-deranged SB Texans), so I'd suggest putting as much distance between her and your family as you can. Good luck.

Guys handle being ugly WAYY better than women do,I think if you tell a woman she is ugly(which I'm pretty sure every1 have!) they would freak out!

men are mean to ugly women.

It's not nice to be mean to ugly people, no matter what.

um..... if men WERE as mean to ugly women???? They are honey. They are even mean to pretty woman for not being prettier...... Now I'm not saying woman don't do the same thing but please don't lplay the victim here.

this is a personality issue rather than a gender issue.Many men are unkind to unattractive women, and many women are great to men who aren't good looking.