Fellow atheists, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?

Before reading on, please realize I AM an atheist. One of the reason I stopped believing in God because I realized that claiming that I know exactly how the universe was created is a rather big thing to claim. Not to mention, there was absolutely NO evidence supporting this claim, rather than the bible. (which... show more Before reading on, please realize I AM an atheist.

One of the reason I stopped believing in God because I realized that claiming that I know exactly how the universe was created is a rather big thing to claim. Not to mention, there was absolutely NO evidence supporting this claim, rather than the bible. (which as we know is no real proof of anything)

But lately I've been leaning toward agnosticism. I consider myself an atheist still, as I don't believe in a God really. But lately I was thinking about this: Would you agree that also claiming there is no God an extraordinary claim to make? Sure there is significant proof of evolution and the Big Bang, which disproves the bible, but doesn't necessarily prove against a deity? I'm not saying I believe there is one, but wouldn't you agree that claiming there is absolutely no creator, a rather extraordinary claim to make?
Update: I am certainly no 'fence sitter'. For the most part I don't believe in God, but I do accept that there will never be enough evidence to support my claim, but there will also never be enough evidence to claim there IS a God. Don't call me a fence-sitter, because if you do, you clearly have no... show more I am certainly no 'fence sitter'.

For the most part I don't believe in God, but I do accept that there will never be enough evidence to support my claim, but there will also never be enough evidence to claim there IS a God.

Don't call me a fence-sitter, because if you do, you clearly have no idea what agnosticism is.