13 reason God isnt real ur opinions plz?

1.

Lack of Evidence

There’s no evidence for God whatsoever. Sensible theists admit that their belief is founded on nothing but faith, but there are always those who claim to have evidence of irreducible complexity, healings, out-of-body experiences or other such stupid notions and treat them as evidence for the existence of their particular God. Don’t believe them. The truth is, if someone managed to prove God, it would be instant news on all news channels, through all media, everywhere. It would be an unprecedented landmark in human history.

Of course, there is absolutely no evidence at all. No idea of the holy or paranormal has ever stood up to skeptical enquiry, for good reason.

2.

Contradictions of Scripture

It’s bad enough that the various books that claim to be the word of God are in disagreement. The various holy books even contradict themselves. For instance, there’s the hilarious verse in the Bible where God can’t drive out the inhabitans of a valley, because they have iron chariots1:

And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Judges 1:19

And this is the guy who created the earth, Heaven and Hell, animals and humans, light and dark? If these books were really the word of God, surely the Lord would’ve made sure they actually made sense? If God’s foundation, his holy book, doesn’t make sense, then why should the concept of God?

3.

The Concept of God is Incoherent

There’s never really any agreement on the exact definition of God. Many hold that God is almighty, but at the same time there are things God can’t do. Many hold that God is all-loving, but at the same time the world is full of evil. Many hold that God is all-knowing, yet God often regrets His actions. Some hold that we are all part of God, and some that the number of gods is infinite; some hold that God created the universe and walked away, and some hold that God is personal. The very concept of God is ill-defined and fuzzy to the point where one can’t really say anything useful about the concept except perhaps “beyond human”.

4.

Belief in God is Irrational

There’s no way to come around this. Belief in God is irrational. It defies all logic and it is not founded on evidence. The most common way to “find God” is to be taught the religion of your parents or other relatives. If you had been born in another country, your version of God would probably be different. The effect of your answer to the question “is there a God” ranges from profoundly changing your life to complete indifference. Do you really want to leave such an important decision to your heritage?

By believing in God you essentially throw away one of the most important tools we have, namely rational thought, in favor of feelings or simply social pressure.

5.

Belief in God Leads to a Dangerous Us Versus Them Mentality2

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Conflicts rooted in religion are probably the worst kind of conflict, and they abound through human history and even today. It leads to a dangerous us versus them mentality, and unlike other such attitudes, this kind of attitude rooted in religion is socially acceptable. It’s acceptable to draw a sharp line between believers and non-believers of your religion, but drawing the same kind of line between people with black and white skin color is not acceptable. This is very dangerous thinking, and it leads to intolerance, fear, violence, and ultimately terrorism and even war.

6.

The Problem of Evil

The major religions assert that God knows all, loves all, and can do pretty much everything. Still, the world is full of evil. This pretty much speaks for itself. The theists defend their God by saying that the reason for evil is that humans must have free will. Yet God, who is all-knowing, must have known what kind of world this would lead to. How can God love all people yet be willing to put them through so much misery and suffering?

7.

Religion is a Shield from Reality

Reality is a dangerous place to be residing in. There’s so much bad stuff in the real world, and we are so small. No wonder people dislike reality. But that isn’t a good reason to build up a shield from reality. That’s exactly what religion is. When a loved one dies, people hide away from the dark reality (the loved one is really gone, and won’t be coming back) by reciting a well learned fantasy, such as “He is in a better place,” or “She will be reincarnated into a better life” or some such. When someone does something unfair to the believer, he or she may find comfo

Favorite Answer

Hello. First of all you've only listed 7 reasons and you have seemed to trail off at the very end. I do believe in God yet I am also open to it that he may not be real, that he could be just a hugely influential past figure, or that he could be an alien. I will try to address your mini-rant with my own logic and my "rational" thought.

1. Lack of Evidence

First of all is the discovery of proof RECENT? True enough if legitimate proof of God existed it would be all over the news. But if people have known and believed in God for as long as they have would their incessant need to advertise the bible, convert people over T.V advertisements, and hold meetings talking about the impact of God in their lives not count as a sort of proof? Does the belief in a God with a forgotten sense of proof aside from hope not count as evidence? Anyway, you've also called them "sensible theists". Doesn't this contradict your statement that they are basically insane and irrational? Also the examples you've stated can also be rationalized out by modern means: infinite complexity- in modern times everything has a limit, even numbers. Healings- if someone has a cancerous tumor that begins to recede slowly and someone else has one that quickly spreads and they are given the same treatment a doctor might not have an explanation. The people involved may easily "thank God" for the health but it could be a slight genetic disposition or variation. Lastly, out-of-body experiences- this can be achieved with psychotropic drugs of several kinds. I have not validated all your arguments to exactly help or disprove you but to show that many instances in the past that people would today consider clinical could be "rationalized" by the power of God. They may have done this because they couldn't handle the level of scientific knowledge we hold today or becuase they didn't care to go any further. On a final note, for section one of course, all of the skeptics are die-hard non-believers who deliberatly choose to negate another person's opinion about a diety. These people have chosen to actively seek out an opinion they disagree with and shoot it down for "God knows why", sorry couldn't resist, and they care to factualize a THOUGHT!!!

2. Contradictions of Scripture

First off the books Claim to be the word of God. If they were written by people who, as everyone does, have a slightly or largely different point of view on the matter there are bound to be some contradictions when they are tossed into one collection. That scripture you mock has been solved by another very long answer. Once again in your argument you seem to assume, even as a skeptic, that just because people take it as the word of God that, if He exists or not, it's TRUE! Forget proof of God, prove to me that those HUMANS who wrote the books were divinely enhanced or not. If God gave man free will why would He care how they grammaticaly edit a book whether it's about Him or not? This is also invalidated by the "He works in mysterious ways" clause. This book is also NOT God's foundation, at least in my opinion. People believed in God before the bible was ever written. So why did they need a foundation, however contradictory to you or not, when it did not exist? Lastly, if a book on "God: the invisible fear" didn't make sense to YOU would you leave all of your hard thought of notions about how He doesn't exist? Or would you simply not care and stick to your beliefs? I say the latter.

3. The Concept of God is Incoherent

I agree with that no one has an exact definition of God that all else share but it isn't about general consensus. I have also stated in previous answers that I think some religious nuts cut God short on how powerful he could be or is. For the all-loving, if you love dogs to like an extreme degree yet you know that abuse occurs all over the world are you going to say that you don't love dogs or are you going to regret that it does? I have stated, again in previous answers, that God could be an observer, experimentor, or someone who just lost care for such a fu%#ed up world. If you know that something is wrong yet you end up doing it does that mean that you wouldn't regret it or would you just look stupid for openly knowing something yet doing anyway? Or, of course since we're assuming He's a diety, can He make a choice to do do whatever the heck He wants whether it turns out bad or not? For the rest, Can God not be personal and something else? Can God not be many things in one? Lastly, can God not walk away if He wants? All of these questions have answers and if you want me to prove any of them message me to. The concept of God IS fuzzy and ill-defined, but doesn't that give use the the word Indefinable? And it would be kind of hard to unite over a billion people with the exact same definition all over the world but hey if it happens to be little fuzzy then I'll throw out my faith and join your side of totalitarian skepticism. (Sarcasm on the last sentence.)

4. Belief in God is Irrational

First off, apologies for starting every rebudle that way, isn't faith in a God the definition of illogical and irrational? Yes it is, but that is why people always use the word not the equation. I also think that most people who heavily believe in God were NOT taught it by their family or relatives. If you see an ex-con doing charity work for a local church then do Really think that his MOM taught him to believe? Or do you think that he faced what he thought was his limit and he found a helping hand? I don't know about you but whatever you think is your own. OF COURSE if I was born in another country my version of God would be different. Seriously man even for a skeptic you make believers seem like idiots with the way you've addressed the situation. What if people care to honor thousands of years of tradition in their family and they AGREE with it when they ask themselves, "is there a God?" Are they supposed to be a child about it and deny their family or will they act the adult and accept the similarities between heritage and rational faith. Apologies if the phrase in the last sentance offends any skeptics out there. Last and MOST important, WHO the heck are you to suddenly be the one to figure out what rational thought is!?!? No one knows if a thought is rational or not just because is makes sense to them and a couple other people. You have not the right to deem anyone who sees differently irrational!!!!!!!

5. Belief in God Leads to a Dangerous Us Versus Them Mentality2

Now here you may have some legitimate leverage on die-hard believers. I myself find it sad that some of the Christians who claim to have found a peaceful loving God would also believe that He would condemn anyone who doesn't really care to believe in the Christian practices to life in an eternal pit of endless fire and death. No? Just me?? Now I don't know about that 'it takes religion to make good people do bad things' statement. What classifys a good person? Anything anyone ever will or has said is simply an opinion. They may be the worst kind of conflict but if they were removed, somehow, would they not simply be replaced? I like the quote from a source I don't remember right now, "Put more than 2 people in a room they team up adn start thinking of ways to kill the other group." I think that this is sadly very true. I think that this may be the one that I agree with the most. But just because people believe in God does that mean that they will make war. What of Buddhists who believe in, I don't think a form of God but, peace with all peoples and nature. Are they an exception? Intolerance is taken away by this. To most people God is a comforter of sorts that relieves fear so this can be done away with. Certain religions in the modern and past times condemn violence of most kinds however some people breakt the laws so it isn't really religions fault. The same can be said with the legal system. Child abuse is technically illegal but it goes on every day. But my arguments agains the legal system are another story. The terrorists today are doing it for more reasons than the America's religion. I also think that people who openly support them in the U.S forget that if they were back in "their", not to offend anyone but I mean like the immigrants who come over here and still complain, country then they would have no voice or right to think bad about the gonvernment. War is one thing I don't think I can refute with any massive effect. But war, in my opinion, is unavoidable with humans. Back to the quote awhile back.

6. The Problem of Evil

You've tripped yourself up a bit here. If even God know all, loves all, and can do anything then why does that mean He has to exercise his supposed infiinte power to little people who complain about him. It doesn't speak for itself if you consider the devil, free-will, non-involvement, or many other claims to evil in the world. But if you don't then go with God doen't care or doesn't exist or someother reason you want to believe or you can handle without bursting. Whether He knew what this would lead to or not what if He isn't controlling everything like the Big Brother paranoia? If the thiests claim free-will then it isn't God who is putting humans through it. You haven't really negated God or religion in this one at all.

7. Religion is a Shield from Reality

Once again I think I agree with you. Reality sucks get a pair of "not so bad beer goggles" today. We are small and our minds are weak. Many people have buffers to get through daily life like securtiy blankets when we are children to our "lucky suit" when we are adults. This adult cushion creates a sense of confidence in the individual

Source(s): My incredibly detailed mind.

Lack of Evidence

The same can be said for most of what you call science, but you still teach it in school, evolution? Big Bang? Quantum physic? Can you duplicate and recreate any of these in the lab? No, Just as with Man made global warming, you cant tell us if it will rain this weekend, but you are quite sure the polar ice caps will be gone in 10 years if we don’t all quite driving our cars and live in mud huts.

Contradictions of Scripture

If you actually took the time to read the scripture you are quoting you would see that it was Judah’s lack of faith not a fault on the part of God that keep them from defeating the iron Chariots. If you actually read the bible you would have the good sense to know that God destroyed the chariots of Pharaoh, and with Deborah he once again destroyed over 900 in one battle,

Once again, you have failed to study what you are trying to dis.

The Concept of God is Incoherent

There’s never really any agreement on the exact definition of God. Many hold that God is almighty, but at the same time there are things God can’t do.

Once again you are wrong.

God said, “I AM”

That covers it all. I am all you need. I am all there is, I am all there was, I am all there will be.

The only thing that God can not do, is tolerate sin. Period. Back up your claims with scriptures, not other people’s theories.

The Concept of God is Incoherent

Once again you are wrong.

God said, “I AM”

Belief in God is Irrational

There’s no way to come around this. Belief in God is irrational. It defies all logic and it is not founded on evidence. The most common way to “find God” is to be taught the religion of your parents or other relatives.

Wrong once again. Seek God and he will reveal his self to you. If you don’t he wont. Its that simple. Because you can not see the ocean from Kansas, does not make it any less real.

5.

Once again you could not be further off the mark, Only Christianity teaches

“no greater love has a man than he lay down his life for a friend”

“Love your neighbor as your self” Me Love your wives as Christ loved the church, ready to lay down your life for her.

6 How can God love all people yet be willing to put them through so much misery and suffering?

God doesn’t put anyone through misery, Humans do. But just as fire turn ore into iron, or clay into pottery, those who obey, trust and keep the faith go from useless, to useful.

7. Reason to build up a shield from reality. That’s exactly what religion is. When a loved one dies, people hide away from the dark reality (the loved one is really gone, and won’t be coming back)

That’s exactly right, That’s why when David’s son died, he was clear, He can not come back to me, so I must go to him.

You have heard the truth. You points are mute and void of merit.

Choice who you will serve, your eternity depends on it. There will be NO one in hell, who does not know why they are there.

The first one is the only one that is needed to understand that there is no god. Lack of evidence for anything is the reason we believe it not to be so. God is not 'special' in any way, its just another concept like all others and should be treated equally. No evidence, no god.

• Sandra

The universe started with a singularity that was created by a tremendous amount of energy. It can be said that a sentient being caused that singularity, or that when an astronomical amount of energy exists, matter will be spontaneously created. Either way, the energy existed before time started (before the singularity, time did not exist, as time varies with mass and velocity, which will change the kinetic energy), and all of our measurements rely on the existence of time. Impossible with current instruments to measure or detect either way. Both are plausible.

I do not need convincing but I want to add the fact that the basis of all modern religions were brought about and believed by people that thought the Earth was flat.

• I find God, Angels, demons, heaven and hell to be very supernatural and I don't believe in anything outside of this reality

Amen Brother!!! Praise Rational Thought!!!

The fact that god does not exist is the only thing i need to know, but i like that list anyway

God is not real when one has not accepted Jesus as one's personal God and Savior and the Holy Spirit of God to guide one

: sigh :

u dot get it do u, u dont believe in god, other ppl dont, some ppl do no big deal. u dont have to show that u dont believe for ppl to know u dot believe

... so irrational. is actually u not, belief

• Shea

I didn't read all of it, but I agree with the idea on the whole.

Edit: ok now I read all of it. Yes, it makes a lot of sense. I think religion in general is a very primitive idea.

No offense to you believers of course. It's all a matter of opinion at this point.