cant handle a relationship?

My girlfriend just broke up with me because she doesnt want to see me hurt and she cant handle a relationship right now...what do i do?

i dont want to let her go....this was way too soon t happen, she swears she cares bout me so why does it have to be this way!!!!?

some day in the future....whos to say. right now it hurts like a mother f*cker

Favorite Answer

Well it sounds like she knows what she's doing or has done should i say.

Think of it this way, if she was with you she wouldn't be happy (cos she can't handle a relationship right now - as you've said). Would you really want to put her through something that she can't handle? She sounds like she's sorting her life out at the moment and a relationship is the last thing she wants right now.

Whats shes done is for the best. You have to accept it and respect her for that. You will meet someone else. Just learn to let go of her - that will take time. And of course she will always car about you, why wouldn't she. She was your gf after all.

Things happen for the best sometimes...

• Missy

She doesn't want you to get hurt and that's exactly what she's done. If she can't handle it, why get in it? Tell her that you can cool it for a while until she feels settled or maybe just leave her to contact you but by then you might be over her. Is she scared of commitment and seriousness in a relationship? I'm sure it's a bit of a shock to you. I know how you feel. Love sucks! be strong. You will get through this. I know it isn't easy. Just meet some new people and have fun. Love will come looking for you.

• Sharon

I think there is a very big age difference between 16 and 20. That's probably the source of these issues. Unless you feel like you see a possible marriage level future with her I would not try the other seas dating thing, especially if you are trying to focus on your career at the moment. Besides, she sounds like she has some growing up to do to even get to the point of maturity you are at now yourself.

I'm really sorry about that. Not nice for you.

As tough as it sounds, it is better for your dignity and morale if you let her go! She, for whatever reason, is not ready to be with you - go out, have some fun and try to forget about her.

You don't have to get involved with anyone else, until you are truly over her, then it is up to you. However, you can still have fun with people you are not getting serious with - I hope you are not too badly hurt.

x

give her some space for a little while and then find out the real reason, maybe you can work around that and sort it out, can you think of any reasons why she would want to break up? why she thinks ur going to get hurt?

I think you should let her go and move on. I know it hurst but you need to give her some space to think and to be ready for you.

omg thats just happened to me!!! lol

at the end o the day... if some one really cared about ya they wouldnt leave ya!!!

thats i c it...

coz if i really cared about someone i would make it work!!!

no question about it xx

• Jemmax

She did the right thing by the sound of it

Accept it and move on......sorry that sounds harsh but what else can you do?!

i know how you feel pal but s**t happens. good luck next time it will hapen. best of luck.

You cant do anything but move on unfortunatly.