I need some serious help in my computer and technology class!! IMPORTANT PLEASE HELP!!?

I need to know some computer related technology... im a ninth grader so please at least be in ninth grade or higher..?

and if you have any direct links i would certainly love it if you posted some.

Okay i need to make a time line for technological advances in computer related technology from the 1970's to now.

to put it simply i need some kind of computer related technology that has changed from the 1970's to now.. i was thinkin of doing computers but a lot of people are doing that and i dont want to be to original. i was also thinkin of doing it on space shuttles or satellites but they both seem extremely difficult.

so can someone please give me some ideas and maybe a site i can go to that will give me some information like i said i have to present it on a time line so if there are exact dates or at least yearly dates that would be extremely helpful. thanks. :D

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Intel Corporation, the world's largest producer of microprocessors, achieved from 1972 to the present day. If you're like me, you may not understand what difference between the speed of a Megahertz (MHz) and a Gigahertz (GHz) represents. All you really need to know is speed comparison. Basic math will tell you 200 MHz is ten times the speed of 20 MHz, and 1 GHz is simply equally to 1000 MHz.

Timeline of Microprocessors

April 1972

Name of Processor: 8008

Clock speed: 200 kilohertz

Number of transistors: 3,500

December 1974

Name of Processor: 8080

Clock speed: 2 MHz

Number of transistors: 6,000

August 1976

Name of Processor: 8085

Clock speed: 5 MHz

Number of transistors: 6,500

September 1978

Name of Processor: 8086

Clock speed: 10 MHz

Number of transistors: 29,000

February 1982

Name of Processor: 286

Clock speed: 12 MHz

Number of transistors: 134,000

see link below for rest of timeline and info...... all is there

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.