Does baby powder work to control underarm sweat? other remedies?

If you apply baby powder to your armpits will it keep overactive sweat glands in check? My armpits are out of control and my next physical won't be for a few months (so I can't get referred to a gland doctor or... get a prescription for a while). In addition to baby powder (if even that works) does anyone know of... show more If you apply baby powder to your armpits will it keep overactive sweat glands in check? My armpits are out of control and my next physical won't be for a few months (so I can't get referred to a gland doctor or... get a prescription for a while). In addition to baby powder (if even that works) does anyone know of any home remedies to help my situation?
Update: I've already tried anti antiperspirants. I'm a 15 year old girl and clinical strength for men does not keep even a hint of sweat off my sleeves. I'm talking huge pit stains... it's awful.