Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Does baby powder work to control underarm sweat? other remedies?

If you apply baby powder to your armpits will it keep overactive sweat glands in check? My armpits are out of control and my next physical won't be for a few months (so I can't get referred to a gland doctor or... get a prescription for a while). In addition to baby powder (if even that works) does anyone know of any home remedies to help my situation?

Update:

I've already tried anti antiperspirants. I'm a 15 year old girl and clinical strength for men does not keep even a hint of sweat off my sleeves. I'm talking huge pit stains... it's awful.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Baby Powder For Underarms

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 6 years ago

Excessive sweating is a clinical condition where parts of the body are sweating beyond what the body needs.

It is commonly an inherited condition and can affect those who suffer from it on a social, functional, and emotional level.

Heavy sweating (also known as hyperhidrosis) is a very real and embarrassing problem, but there are some effective ways to treat it.

Before you hide under bulky sweaters or move to a chillier climate, you can try these proven techniques for combating excessive sweating:

http://sweatmiracle-guide.blogspot.com

Have a nice day

Source(s):

Free Video Reveals - http://sweatmiracle-guide.blogspot.com

• 6 years ago

If Excessive sweating is your problem you'll find here vert good tips: http://bitly.com/CureYourExcessiveSweating

About 2% to 3% of the general population experience excessive sweating a condition called hyperhidrosis which can occur with or without a trigger. The most common type is called primary (or focal) hyperhidrosis and it has no known cause, although it seems to run in families. You may have a different type of excessive sweating called secondary (or generalized) hyperhidrosis.

This means that your symptoms may be due to an underlying medical condition or disease (e.g., nerve damage or a hormone disorder), or due to a side effect of a medication you are taking. Talk to your doctor.

Source(s):

Free Video Reveals 1 Unusual Tip To Quickly Cure Your Excessive Sweating

http://bitly.com/CureYourExcessiveSweating

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is normal to sweat. some people sweat more than others and we all have spots that we sweat more than others.

if you go to a gym you will see that some people sweat from their faces more and others their backs

This should help there are essential oils that will help to stop not all together.

you should be able to buy most of these things at a natural health store.

you can make your own deodorant if you wish but you can also treat your arm pits with some of the things listed here that is why I listed what they did. If you do not wish to make your own deoderant you can mix

2/3 cup of witch hazel extract

30 drops of sage (salvia officinalis) essential oil

mix well put into a dark glass container twice a day using a clean cotton pad apply to your arm pits making sure to wash all deodorant off first and drying well

let dry and repeat do this twice a day and use your reg deoderant

Witch-Hazel extract to inhibit sweating

witch-hazel inhibits inflammation absorbs oils and is mildly astringent. with regular use it constricts skin pores and thus reduces excessive sweat formation.

Zinc-oxide powder to neutralize odor

the powder has a slightly greasy consistency and will make you homemade deodorant appear milky.

it has excellent properties for neutralizing body odor will not irritate the skin and is slightly antiseptic and astringent

since it is not completely water soluble the powder tends to separate form liquids over time make sure to shake your deodorant before use

spray the deodorant across the skin several times to dampen it. let it dry before getting dressed so it doesn't stain your clothes

it should be fine once it is dry.

if you chose to make your own

Here are a couple of recipes for the home made deodorant

Basic recipe

2 tsp zinc oxide powder

2/3 cup witch-hazel extract

2 tbsp aloe-vera juice

30-40 drops essential oils

make sure that you use 100% pure essential oils

in a small bowl, stir the zinc-oxide powder into the witch-hazel add the aloe-vera juice and essential oils fill an 8 oz dark glass spray bottle with the fluid

for daily use

basic recipe (above)

for the essential oil use

30 drops rose-geranium (pelargonium asperum) essentail oil

make sure that the english and latin names match up

For sensitive skin

basic recipe

for the essential oil use

30 drops calendula (calendula officinalis) extract (CO2)

10 drops lavender (lavandula angustifolia) essentail oil

calendula and lavender oils are mild yet potent fighters of bacteria and odor.

For Excessive sweating

Basic recipe

30 drops of sage (salvia officinalis) essential oil

you can also add 10 to 15 drops of lavender oil

sage oil inhibits sweat gland activity by as much as 50% it also antiseptic and astringent ands gently constricts pore size

PLEASE NOTE.

DO NOT USE SAGE OILS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT OR HAVE EPILEPSY

cypress essential oil (cupressus sempervirens) can safely be substituted

For excessive sweating

Source(s): Grand Mum's herb book (this is what she used before deodorant came on the market) personal experience years of research
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try "Certain Dry", it's usually on the bottom shelf of the deodorant aisle. I find that it works great, just don't apply to much or it irritates your skin. I also use the clinical strength dove stuff during the day.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Certain Dry. It's a little expensive, but it works. You have to use it for a full week before it starts to take effect. Until then, wear black.

• 1 decade ago

not really try the secret clinical strength deodorant. the baby powder will keep you a little dry but it wont work as well.

• 1 decade ago

Actually women's deodorant is a lot stronger than men's. You might want to try an organic type of deodorant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No baby powder won't work, haven't you ever heard of antiperspirant deodorant?

• 1 decade ago

not powder you will smell like a diaper...use straight rubbing alchohal under the pits it kills germs all day

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.